Subject: [edu-team] Updating the IETF web site...

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 11:28:59 -0500

Hi All,

The IETF web site still contains copies of very old training materials...

Does one of you have time to track down all of the places where the 
IETF web site references old training materials and suggest changes 
(to [email-masked]) to make them point to the appropriate 
places on the EDU team web site?  If so, please let me know.

I would prefer that we not send the updated materials to ietf-action, 
as that just perpetuates a situation where the same materials need to 
be maintained in two places.

Thanks,
Margaret

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 21:20:00 -0600

I had noticed IETF 56-era (Steve Coya) Newcomer's slides at
http://www.ietf.org/newcomer/frame.htm... I had already sent a request
to store the updates at the IETF website, but you're right about
storing the presentations in one place, of course.

The WG Chair training slides at http://www.ietf.org/IESG/WG-Train.pdf
are a little newer (last Fall's IETF), but could also be updated.

Both are referenced at http://www.ietf.org/intro.html.

http://www.ietf.org/IESG/wgchairs.html also has pointers to old
versions of these presentations (even older - the orientation is from
IETF 51 - that was three employers back for me!)...

Spencer

---

From: James Seng <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 14:51:35 +0800

Incidently, I got all the training slides @ Seoul except the Security 
Training slides. Pls send it to me asap.

-James Seng

Spencer Dawkins wrote:

>>The IETF web site still contains copies of very old training
> 
> materials...
> 
>>I would prefer that we not send the updated materials to
> 
> ietf-action,
> 
>>as that just perpetuates a situation where the same materials need
> 
> to
>