Subject: [edu-team] Tao -01 posted

From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:11:57 -0700

Hi again. Susan and I have made a bunch of changes to the Tao, and 
the -01 has been posted. It's at 
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-taobis-01.txt>. 
Section C.2 lists all of the changes in this version.

As we discussed on the phone, we would like to try to get this in 
front all of the newcomers to DC soon, well before the meeting. We 
can point them to the draft, or we can point them to an HTML version. 
Does anyone have any strong preferences in either direction?

Also, as we discussed, we need to ask the Secretariat if they can 
pull together a mailing list of first-timers, if that is possible. We 
would do a one-time mailing to them, hopefully next week, with the 
pointer to the new Tao. We could use that same message to advertise 
the newcomer's orientation on Sunday.

Thoughts?

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:11:36 -0700

[[ We only have a short window if we want to get folks to read this 
before DC. Are people in favor of this? Against it? Anyone? --Paul ]]

>can point them to the draft, or we can point them to an HTML 
>version. Does anyone have any strong preferences in either direction?
>
>pull together a mailing list of first-timers, if that is possible. 
>We would do a one-time mailing to them, hopefully next week, with 
>the pointer to the new Tao. We could use that same message to 
>advertise the newcomer's orientation on Sunday.
>
>Thoughts?
>
>--Paul Hoffman, Director
>--VPN Consortium
>

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:03:11 +0200

getting a review from some actual newcomers is a Good Idea IMHO.

HTML is more readable for newcomers than ASCII.

---

From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 07:55:43 -0700

>HTML is more readable for newcomers than ASCII.

We have the HTML version as well. We could either post that to the 
IETF site or I can put it on the VPNC site. Either way, we would 
point the newcomers to the HTML.

Others?

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:22:30 +0200

--On 26. oktober 2004 07:55 -0700 "Paul Hoffman / VPNC" 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> We have the HTML version as well. We could either post that to the IETF
> site or I can put it on the VPNC site. Either way, we would point the
> newcomers to the HTML.

I'd put it on the edu.ietf.org site - less hassle than putting it on the 
IETF site, more "official-looking" than putting it on the VPNC site.
But .... "anything that works".

                 Harald

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:43:44 -0400

Using the Edu site makes sense to me.  need to find a way to notify 
people that this is where they should go to find it.

a.

On 27 okt 2004, at 07.22, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

>> IETF
> I'd put it on the edu.ietf.org site - less hassle than putting it on 
> the IETF site, more "official-looking" than putting it on the VPNC 
> site.

---

From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 07:52:37 -0700

>people that this is where they should go to find it.

I see two options:

- Ask Marcia if they have a way of determining first-time attendees 
now, and have her send a short message to them with the pointer

- Send mail to [email-masked] and [email-masked], and hope for the best

The first is obviously better, if she has the time and they have such a list.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

---

From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:54:27 -0700

The current version (in HTML) is now on the EDU site as 
<http://edu.ietf.org/tao>.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

---

From: James Seng <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:20:59 +0800

It is also linked left-hand bar (under About Us).

-James Seng