Subject: [edu-team] Change in length of the WG Leadership tutorial

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:59:07 -0800

Hi again. Spencer and I just realized that the WG Leadership tutorial 
is scheduled for four hours on Sunday (sorry for us not doing the 
math earlier). There was clearly some miscommunication on this; we 
agreed on the EDU telechat that it would be two hours. It is 
unthinkable that we could keep people there for four hours.

We will run it from 1300 to 1500. Our assumption is that anyone who 
actually wants to get educated will show up for the beginning, not 
the end, of the talk.

Marcia: we recognize that it's probably too late to get this changed 
on the printed agendas. Can we at least get a sign on the message 
board about the change? Neither Spencer or I will be in Minneapolis 
until Saturday evening, and having the sign up on Saturday afternoon 
might be helpful.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: avri doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 14:59:57 -0500

Hi,

I think I sent that correction as well.

> From: avri doria <[email-masked]>
> Date: 24 februari 2005 09.54.51 GMT-05:00
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Fwd: 62nd IETF - DRAFT AGENDA
>
> Hi Marcia,
>
> Two things:
>
> 1. The current schedule has WG Leadership down for 4 hours.  I think 
> we only 2 hours for this session.

I should have realized that this was missed as well as the other edits, 
but didn't.  I think it should be ok to just announce at the beginning 
of the class that it is a 2 hour session.

I am not sure there is much else that can be done at this point.  
thouhg I think the sign on the bulletin board is a good idea.

a.

On 4 mar 2005, at 13.59, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> is scheduled for four hours on Sunday (sorry for us not doing the math 
> earlier). There was clearly some miscommunication on this; we agreed 
> on the EDU telechat that it would be two hours. It is unthinkable that 
> we could keep people there for four hours.
>
> actually wants to get educated will show up for the beginning, not the 
> end, of the talk.
>

---

From: Susan Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:37:37 -0500 (EST)

> thouhg I think the sign on the bulletin board is a good idea.

Wouldn't it be worth a message to the whole ietf list? (And we'd get a
free plug, heh.)

---

From: avri doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 16:13:06 -0500

Right.  good idea.  i will send such a message.

a.

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 16:28:33 -0500

I always used to spam the IETF list with an announcement of our EDU 
offerings at each IETF meeting.  I'd also spam the WG chairs list 
with a list of the public offerings, as well as their private lunch.

Ideally, you should send the full EDU curriculum (with descriptions) 
and just include the schedule correction as a footnote.

Margaret

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:14:59 -0500 (EST)

The incorrect time is ONLY on the web HTML version, unfortunately
when the HTML version was completed that time change did not get
picked up.  I did, howevery, make this change to the text version
of the agenda which has been corrected since you sent your original
message.  The correct time is stated on the printed version of the
agenda.

I will send a message to the announce list to let the community
know that the incorrect time was stated on the HTML version.

Marcia

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 14:17:26 -0800

>know that the incorrect time was stated on the HTML version.

Great! Thanks, Marcia.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium