Subject: [edu-team] Agenda for Open Edu meeting

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 21:16:01 -0500

Hi,

I was thnking that:

- Overview of what Edu has done in the last year
- Plans for next year
- Review of existing Charter
- Open discussion on issues:
     o Sunday Programming
     o Types of classes
     o Issue of newsletter (not sure if this belongs on agenda)

   what else would people want to see?

does this seem reasonable - any other topics?

i was thinking that i would give the presentations - though i more  
then willing to defer to anyone else who would wish to.

and then we should all respond to the open discussion.

thoughts?

a.

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 21:33:05 -0600

Do we have anything to say about the "New Work" proposed tutorial? (Just 
curious).

Spencer

> i was thinking that i would give the presentations - though i more  then 
> willing to defer to anyone else who would wish to.
>

---

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 22:44:24 -0500

On 30 okt 2005, at 22.33, Spencer Dawkins wrote:

> Do we have anything to say about the "New Work" proposed tutorial?  
> (Just curious).
>

i don't know.  all i know is that there is a team that was to work on  
it.  have not heard any status of late.

does the team working on it have anything to say?

in some ways, i think it may be one of those things that is too  
controversial for the edu team to handle.  until the iesg has decided  
how new work is introduced then i am sure they probably don't want us  
giving any advise.

a.

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:16:55 +0100

>     o Issue of newsletter (not sure if this belongs on agenda)

I think it should be mentioned as a successful initiative
that is out of the nest and will fly on its own wings.

     Brian

---

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:42:01 -0500

ok, will do that in the review.

though i think we will need to see at least a second edition and the  
structure that gets constructed to make it sustainable before we know  
it was successful.  I still think it was removed from the nest a bit  
prematurely.  but i won't say that as i am alone in that opinion.

a.