Subject: Re: [edu-team] Minutes from IETF69 Meeting

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 07:19:24 -0500

On 7/25/07, Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Here are the minutes from this morning's meeting.

deleted down to

> Question about what happens to RFC Editor session and WG Leadership.
> Alice indicated that the RFC Editor class would not be taught at the
> same IETF as this class.  What about WG Leadership?  We would still
> need some type of training for new WG chairs.

Yeah, but don't forget that WG chair training is now open to everyone,
so most "new" WG chairs have had multiple opportunities to attend
before being selected as WG chairs. This is a change from the olden
days, when you had to be a WG chair or BOF chair to be invited to the
training (so, by definition, everyone was trained less than six days
before their first meeting as chair).

So I don't think this will be a problem, AND if other people do, it's
possible to solve it by telling the ADs that they may want to ask
potential chairs to attend the class when it IS being offered. Nothing
like planning ahead, eh?

Spencer

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team