Subject: [edu-team] Interdomain topology/politics/routing/economics tutorial

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:53:26 -0700

If we really want a tutorial on interdomain routing -- how the interdomain
part of the Internet works, as per the kinds of questions that Margaret
and I were asking Geoff, the name John Scudder came up as someone who 
could do a really
good job on those things. Would it be a good idea to contact him and see 
if he might want
to do an IDR tutorial, either this time, or at some point in the future? 
I'd be happy to
help him prepare it.

Radia

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 09:26:22 +1300

Yes - good idea! he's one of the people who really
understands this, I think.

    Brian

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:06:22 -0400

This would be a great idea for IETF 71, IMO.  It is a bit too late to  
do this new tutorial this time, I think.

Margaret

On Oct 31, 2007, at 4:26 PM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

>> and I were asking Geoff, the name John Scudder came up as someone  
>> who could do a really
>> good job on those things. Would it be a good idea to contact him  
>> and see if he might want
>> to do an IDR tutorial, either this time, or at some point in the  
>> future? I'd be happy to
>> help him prepare it.
>> Radia

---

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:34:12 -0700

If we did it this time, it would be having John Scudder do the 
interdomain tutorial, not to have
two tutorials called "interdomain". I think there is enough time to 
prepare it if John were
motivated, especially if I helped him prepare it. Geoff didn't sound 
that motivated about
doing it...more like he was doing it as a favor, and seemed like he was 
willing as long as
it didn't involve any time thinking about incorporating any of the 
material you asked about.

Radia

Margaret Wasserman wrote:
>>> good job on those things. Would it be a good idea to contact him and 
>>> see if he might want

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:53:22 -0400

We've already announced the tutorial for this time, including the  
presenter, on the registration page and the agenda.  Geoff has  
already been told that he is doing the tutorial again, and it is too  
late to make a major change for this meeting.

If you would like to contact John and arrange to do a tutorial more  
along the lines we discussed for the following IETF, I think that  
would be good.  You and John should submit a short description and a  
full outline to the EDU team, preferably before the Vancouver IETF,  
so that we can put it on the agenda for Pittsburgh.

Margaret

On Oct 31, 2007, at 7:34 PM, Radia Perlman wrote:

> motivated, especially if I helped him prepare it. Geoff didn't  
> sound that motivated about
> doing it...more like he was doing it as a favor, and seemed like he  
> was willing as long as
>> This would be a great idea for IETF 71, IMO.  It is a bit too late  
>> to do this new tutorial this time, I think.
>>
>> Margaret
>>
>>>> and I were asking Geoff, the name John Scudder came up as  
>>>> someone who could do a really