Subject: [edu-team] Notes Edu team meeting 10 march 2008

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:36:13 +0100

Hi all, 

Here are the notes of our meeting today.

Mirjam
----------

10 March 2008

Alice, Ray, Margaret, Mirjam, Thomas (later)

I. Admin/organisational stuff

organise conf call before Dublin. 
Margaret will send mail to list scheduling a call (2 or 3 weeks
after the IETF meeting).

suggested to have Open Edu team mtg in Dublin
alternatively a short update during the plenary and then 
office hours
need to make a decision about that and disucss with Russ

current edu team members: 
Radia, Spencer, Scott, Brian, Russ, Thomas, James Seng, Jordi, Avri
(wants to step down after web site transition), Alice, Margaret,
Mirjam, Ray

suggestion to write a mail to the list (Margaret): 
'If you want to remain an active participate, please reply and commit
that you can spend 2 hours a months into this.'

Mirjam will ask Marcia if we should add her new address to the list.

Mirjam willing to be co-chair.

We need a wiki or another way we can update the web site
Margaret will talk to Jim/AMS about the status of the transition. 
Maybe also ask Henrik if he was a good wiki we can use.

we should collect attendance numbers for all tutorials

II. WG chair lunches

IETF 72: ideas for WG chairs for lunch?
maybe we can organise an open roundtable mtg to get some 
feedback and new ideas? 

IETF 73: tools for WG chair??

III. Schedule for IETF 72:

combined xml2rfc/Relaxed NG (Lada ...) or Jonathan Rosenberg?
Margaret will follow-up on that.

xml2rfc needs to be updated (Elwyn has the slides)
Maybe Bill Fenner can teach it?
Who will follow-up on that? Alice?

Mirjam will ask Peter and Olafur if they want to teach DNS at IETF 72

New Work tutorial. Thomas might not be able to attend Dublin.
Will only be clear shortly before the meeting. Maybe alternatively
schedule Routing tutorial (see below)?

IV. Schedule for IETF 73:

Mirjam will ask Dave Ward if he wants to do Routing (or at IETF 72 as
a back-up in case Thomas cannot come to Dublin IETF)

Security (Radia) 

MPLS/VPN area ??? (maybe ask Mark Twonsley)
Thomas thinks that is a bit out of scope (we should not hold 
general tutorials)

Suggest to send mail to WG chair list and ask for topics for 
tutorial (Margaret?). 
_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:19:11 +0100

Hi,

I ran into Jim Galvin a few minutes ago and he said it would be
possible to put the edu pages on the new server within the next couple
of days as soon as he gets the data from James Seng. We could then
access the pages through ftp. Avri or Margaret might know more about
that though.

Mirjam

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 23:22:25 +0100

Hello,

As agreed, I asked Dave Ward if he would be willing to do a routing
tutorial in Dublin and Minneapolis. He was more than happy to do that,
but can only do the first slot because of other IESG commitments.

Margaret, Radia, anyone, can you please get back to Dave and 
discuss the details with him (existing material, scope etc.).

I also asked Olafur and Peter if they would want to do the DNS
tutorial again in Dublin, but Olafur is not available on Sunday.
So, we might have to push that to Minneapolis.

Mirjam

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:43:20 +1300

> discuss the details with him (existing material, scope etc.).

Should we also be explicit about the teaching objectives - what
type of gaps in knowledge do we want to fill? Obviously this would
apply to all classes, but especially when a new teacher is
on the scene.

    Brian