Subject: [edu-team] wiki

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 16:13:48 +0200

h,

ok the very basic wiki now exists. http://www3.tools.ietf.org/group/edu/

it has a charter (someone in charge should make sure i get the right  
update - i tool what i found from my files)

if has a membership list - based on the subscriber list

it has pointers to the slides for IETF68 - 70.  as i get time, i will  
add more of the history.  also for now hey are only sorted by IETF.   
later i will add the sort by topic listing.

i don't have any slides for 71 yet, so that file is still empty  
(nonexistent even)

once i get slides for 71, i will put them in the wiki and if i can in  
the proceedings.

also since it did not make sense to me to put the files in both the  
wiki and the proceedings, for the ones in the proceedings, i am just  
using a pointer to the proceedings.    of course i can change that  
later if people think it is sub optimum.

it is simple.  but it something.

a.

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 16:53:47 +0200

Thanks a lot, Avri!

Mirjam

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 13:09:10 -0400

Hi Avri,

This looks good!

How do we get edu.ietf.org to point to it?

Also, is it possible to set this up so that EDU Team members can edit  
the pages ourselves? Do we need to ask Henrik for accounts or something?

Thanks,
Margaret

---

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 19:37:53 +0200

Hi,

Henrik gave Thomas and I admin ability.  i have already given to  
Mirjam, it can be given  to anyone you want.

If we do that then no one needs to maintain it.  let me know if that  
is what you want and i will add the accounts.

a.

On 9 Apr 2008, at 19:09, Margaret Wasserman wrote:
> Also, is it possible to set this up so that EDU Team members can  
> edit the pages ourselves? Do we need to ask Henrik for accounts or  
> something?
>
> Thanks,
> Margaret
>

---

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 20:03:59 +0200

hi,

BTW, we most all had the ability to update the previous CMS as well  
(except maybe some of the newer members who just never got added).  i  
just ended up being the only one to do it, until i stopped about a  
year before it broke.

a.

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 15:22:22 -0400

I think we should give all of the active EDU team member access, but  
that doesn't mean that no one needs to maintain it...  We'll still  
need someone to follow up with people and make sure they put up their  
materials, etc.

Margaret

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:25:49 +1200

Thanks Avri, this is an enormous improvement on
"Fatal error: Table './ietfedu/sessions' is marked as crashed."

> need someone to follow up with people and make sure they put up their  

Yes, and as a matter of wiki etiquette, anyone who plans a
major change or a substantive edit to another member's
text should probably send email first...

    Brian