Subject: [edu-team] WebEX

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:19:05 -0400

WebEX will be available to WGs for interim virtual meetings.  You 
might want to consider a tutorial of WebEX for the WG Chairs training.

Russ

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:54:27 -0400

That's an excellent idea, Russ.  Should we see if we can get some  
WebEx people to come do one?  Or would you prefer something home-grown  
and more IETF-focused?

Margaret

On Apr 16, 2009, at 3:19 PM, Russ Housley wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> edu-team mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:25:15 -0400

I suspect a combination.  Real how to use it from the vendor, and 
stories from people that have used it.  We should have some by the meeting.

Russ

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:43:57 +1200

I'm not sure how a tutorial and user stories can be fitted into
the lunch slot, though. The tutorial would have to be very sketchy.

    Brian

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 10:20:41 -0400

On the tutorial, I'd focus on scheduling the call, starting the call, 
ways to join the call, and ending the call.  The ways that the call 
can be joined will take the most time.  There are many choices, and 
each participant gets to make their own choice:
         - dial-in (using phone or skype)
         - dial-out (US only)
         - VoIP

Russ

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:37:43 -0400

Hi Russ,

Is there a contact at the vendor who is working with us?

Margaret

On Apr 17, 2009, at 10:20 AM, Russ Housley wrote:

> On the tutorial, I'd focus on scheduling the call, starting the  
> call, ways to join the call, and ending the call.  The ways that the  
> call can be joined will take the most time.  There are many choices,  
> and each participant gets to make their own choice:

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 14:56:43 -0400

>Is there a contact at the vendor who is working with us?

People on the Cisco side that have been involved that I know 
about:  Dave Ward, Fred Baker, Dave Oran, Cullen Jennings.  There are 
probably more, but any of these is a good place to start.

My view is that the VMeet discussions that Dave Crocker agreed to 
lead may come up with a different answer or they may select 
WebEx.  But until we make a selection, I'm going to use WebEx.  WGs 
are able to use it too.

Russ