Subject: [edu-team] Someone should answer him...should we linvite him to do Chinese newcomer's training?

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 11:57:50 -0700

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Yao Jiankang <[email-masked]>
Date: 2010/7/8
Subject: [edu-team] volunteer to be the educator in beijing ietf meeting
To: [email-masked]

Dear all,

   I have involved in the ietf meeting since March, 2005.
 I know the ietf. so I am willing to be the education volunteer in
beijing ietf meeting.
 I am from china, so I can educate chinese speakers with chinese. I
have a rfc5336 published, am a EAI wg secetary and write many drafts.

 thanks a lot.

Jiankang Yao
_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 10:49:45 +1200

Er, we should ask some of the other experienced Chinese in the IETF
for an opinion. Let's tread carefully on this, there is a hidden
hierarchy among them.

Regards
   Brian

---

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 16:02:28 -0700

RIght. I don't know what the right answer is here, but I know the
right answer isn't to just ignore him and not answer, so I just wanted
to make sure people noticed the message.

Radia

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 19:05:58 -0400

> for an opinion. Let's tread carefully on this, there is a hidden

Another thing, ICANN's experience with translation has
been... surprising. Sometimes, translation or help sessions in the
local langauge aren't actually attended or desired (i.e., by people
actually showing up). Sometimes folk are comfortable enough using
English. Don't know if that is the case here, but I wouldn't take it
as a given.

Thomas