Subject: [edu-team] [Fwd: RE: [Fwd: 79th IETF - WG chairs lunch]]

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 16:35:32 +0200

And one more

mirjam

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: [Fwd: 79th IETF - WG chairs lunch]
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 09:13:12 -0400
From: David Harrington <[email-masked]>
To: 'Mirjam Kuehne' <[email-masked]>,	'Spencer Dawkins' 
<[email-masked]>
CC: 'Margaret Wasserman' <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]> 
<70F5C0ADCF20441B95C5E53191E749A1@23FX1C1> <[email-masked]> 
<[email-masked]> 
<[email-masked]>

Hi,

I think the preso management and, possibly, time management could be
done. I don't have time to prepare it.
It is often a good idea to give people a chance to step up to new
responsibility, rather than continually relying on the same "usual
suspects" to do these lunches.

Having I* do these is important if they are communicating new policy,
such as the IAB policy change on new-work. This topic doesn't require
I*.

I suggest you look for candidates to lead this from the IESG
candidates from the NomCom pages.
I would suggest getting somebody who has not been an AD before, but
has been a chair.
If they get selected as an AD, they will need to be able to give
advice to their chairs.
This could be a chance for them to test and hone their message.

I recommend the NomCom candidate list as a regular place to look for
candidates to lead discussions.
You might also use this list to ask for suggested topics. Candidates
need to answer questions about what might be improved in the IETF, so
they might some interesting suggestions for topics.
(It does have implications if NomCom gets feedback about flubbed
presentations, too-fixed ideas on topics, etc. This is like political
candidate debates; the NomCom candidiates might prefer to not do these
;-)

As an alternative, I suggest posting a request to the WG chairs list
for an experienced chair to volunteer to develop a presentation and
lead the discussion at the lunch.

dbh