Subject: [edu-team] audio recordings in the proceedings

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 08:48:39 -0500

Another issue, though perhaps not this group's problem per se, is that
the recordings we maintain are a mess. If anyone has ever tried to
listen to the recordings of past meetings, they will know what I mean.

Look at http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/

It's basically just the raw recordings. Even worse though, it is not
clear how you map a particular WG meeting into a file name (trust me,
I've tried, and I presumably am a relative "expert").

Ideally, someone would spend some time editing the various files (they
just run the entire time, and contain the breaks), so that each
session was its own file. But that is work... But maybe we could get a
volunteer pool to do this?

What is absolutely needed (at a minimum) is instructions that give
some very basic guidance into how to map a particular session into a
file name. Better yet, maybe a wiki that folk could update so that as
they go through the audio streams, they can update the index with
specifics about which stream and offset within the stream...

Thomas

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 22:16:52 +1300

During the meeting, it's fine, because you can get all
that from the tools version of the agenda. Seems like
it's just a matter of archiving that.

I'd raise it on tools-discuss.

Regards
   Brian

On 2010-11-13 02:48, Thomas Narten wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> edu-team mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team
>