Subject: [edu-team] Fwd: RE: FW: Re: IEEE 802.1Q-2011 tutorial for IETF

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 09:51:31 +0100

WARNING: contains banned part

Subject: Fwd: RE: FW: Re: IEEE 802.1Q-2011 tutorial for IETF
From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
To: EDU Team <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 09:51:31 +0100

Hi all,

We received the slides for the IEEE tutorial. I know this is late, but 
it would be great if you could take some time to review them and send 
comments back to Pat Thaler <[email-masked]> (and the edu-tem 
list) as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Mirjam

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 16:26:59 +0000

Hi,

A very instructive talk!

I doubt if it's possible to do justice to these slides in the
time available, so I suggest planning which ones to skip (and
maybe relegate them to the end). That would certainly include
#6-8 (committee structure).

Also, in the summary there are two important assertions:
"Continuing coordination is necessary between IETF and 802.1.
Ethernet and IP technology are intertwined."

I think that is not really justified by the material, and
it deserves a couple of slides to itself. After all, the
objective here is to help people work more effectively in the
IETF, and that means understanding the IETF/IEEE boundary. A
list of overlap areas and potential disconnects would be very
useful, I think.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter

On 28/02/2013 08:51, Mirjam Kuehne wrote:

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> edu-team mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team