Subject: [edu-team] Tutorials for IETF 88

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 10:51:57 +0200

Hi,

The secretariat is planning to open registration for IETF 88 pretty soon 
and asked us to send them the list of tutorials asap.

So, what do we have:

1. Newcomers (Scott, are you planning to come to Vancouver?)

2. Overview of RAI area (we said we'd do that one again next time and 
also have it recorded by Meetecho. I'll double check with Adam Roach.)

3. Do we want to offer IPFIX again? Benoit said it was very well 
attended and created a good discussion.

4. I haven't spoken to Olivier after the Multipath TCP Tutorial, so I am 
not sure how that went.

5. Or do we want to offer the Tools Tutorial again?

Any other suggestions?

And the IAB privacy tutorial for the WG chairs lunch?

What do you all think?

Mirjam

---

From: "Bradner, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 09:13:48 +0000

> 1. Newcomers (Scott, are you planning to come to Vancouver?)

yes

---

From: Alice Russo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 12:51:08 +0200

> 5. Or do we want to offer the Tools Tutorial again?

FYI, I checked with Henrik whether he would have time & interest to give an updated 'IETF Tools Tutorial' (last given at IETF 85 - http://tools.ietf.org/pres/85/tools-tutorial/) in Vancouver, and his answer was yes. So, that's an option.

Thanks,
Alice

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 12:56:44 +0200

All;

I got a suggestion that Newcomers Training and Tools for Creating I-Ds & RFCs be at separate times as Newcomers would like to attend both.  

Ray

On Aug 1, 2013, at 12:51 PM, Alice Russo wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> edu-team mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Alice Russo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 13:03:19 +0200

Same here - I got it as a question ('why are these at the same time?') a few times.

Alice

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 13:28:07 +0200

Hi,

I agree that would have been better, but I think the other two speakers 
could only make the 15:00 slot. We'll remember that for next time.

Mirjam

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 15:40:40 +0200

Hi,

I spoke to Benoit Claise. He said he doesn't think it will be necessary 
to present IPFIX again at IETF 88. However, he would like to develop a 
series of OPS related tutorials and he will send us a suggestion for 
IETF 88.

So, that would mean we'll do: Newcomers, Tools, RAI and an OPS related 
tutorial (TBD).

Mirjam

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 08:41:39 +1200

> FYI, I checked with Henrik whether he would have time & interest to give an updated 'IETF Tools Tutorial' (last given at IETF 85 - http://tools.ietf.org/pres/85/tools-tutorial/) in Vancouver, and h…

Sounds like a good option to me.

Can we get the list of what ISOC is planning for 88, too?

   Brian

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 13:53:38 +0200

Hi,

> Can we get the list of what ISOC is planning for 88, too?

I am not sure they already know, but I asked them to let us know.

Stephanie, so far we have the following for IETF 88:

13:00 Newcomers Tutorial (Speaker: Scott Bradner)

13:00 Introduction to Real-Time Applications and Infrastructure 
Development (the IETF RAI area) (Speaker: Adam Roach)
(We're awaiting final confirmation from Adam, but he had earlier agreed 
to do this in Vancouver. You can use the same description we had for 
IETF 86. And we would like to have it recorded this time.)

15:00 IETF Tools Training (Speakers: Henrik Levkowetz, Alice Russo)
(This is the tutorial we gave last at IETF 84, you can use the same 
description.)

15:00 An OPS related tutorial (Speaker: Benoit Claise)
(This one is still TBD. Benoit will send a topic and description as soon 
as possible. And we would like this one to get recorded.)

WG Chairs Lunch: Designing Privacy into Internet Protocols (Speakers: 
Hannes Tschofenig, Alissa Cooper)

Thank you,
Mirjam

P.S.: I will be offline for the next three weeks. Will talk to you again 
in September :-)