Subject: [edu-team] IETF web site all notes

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 17:08:35 +0200

Hi,

Here are some notes of yesterday's call.

Cheers,
Mirjam
=======

1 July 2015
conference call: new IETF web site
Greg Wood, Joe Hildebrand, Nalini Elkins, Russ Housley, Dan Romascanu,
Mirjam Kuehne

Joe Hildebdrand gave an update of the current status and the next steps:

TorchBox (UK company) won the bid to develop the new IETF web site. See
http://iaoc.ietf.org/documents/IETF-Website-SOW-20140604-Final.pdf

They conducted a number of interviews to identify the main audiences for
the information on the web site:
1. people who work in the IETF
2. policy makers/regulators who need information about the IETF, but
will never work in the IETF
3. people who are new to the IETF, but want to work in the IETF eventually

Different Edu related material applies to these three different
audiences. It will probably make sense to place the material in the
respective sections rather than keep it all in one place (or at least
link to it from the relevant section). Edu Team would also like to make
sure there is enough flexibility to place any future material (e.g.
webinars, videos).

One or two people from TorchBox will be at the IETF on Wednesday
afternoon and Thursday. There will be a short presentation on Thursday
during the plenary session. We will be trying to meet with them on
Wednesday afternoon (currently being organised by Greg). There will also
be a demo session on Thursday to show the current prototype (high level)

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 13:18:51 +1200

Sorry I couldn't make the call, I have had other concerns this week.

> sure there is enough flexibility to place any future material (e.g.

That makes complete sense. If there is some way of tagging material
as "owned by EDU" it should be fairly easy to have an EDU entry point
to all the material as well.

Regards
   Brian

On 03/07/2015 03:08, Mirjam Kuehne wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> edu-team mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team
>