Subject: [edu-team] idea - helping out with EDU - areas sponsoring the tutorials work on Sunday?

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 04:38:52 -0400

One of the concerns that I heard at the EDUNEXT BoF is the lack of people
to help with the basic running of tutorials - the coordination and so on.

As we know, personally asking for a one-time relatively-low effort tends to
get a good response.  We have 7 areas.

What if - for the Sunday sessions organization - we had one IETF area
sponsor them (in terms of requesting labor and such).  That would be one
every two years - and might help remind/connect folks to the work being
done.  It could also tie into having technology-specific topics for
tutorials, assuming that those continue in person as well as being
available as a recording.

This is important, IMHO, keeping the IETF running type of work and
promoting the interaction and encouraging support would be generally
helpful.

Thoughts?
Alia

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 22:21:27 +1200

Alia,

Do you think it is a bug or a feature to have an Area Overview tutorial
and a technical tutorial in the same Area at a single IETF?

Apart from that, I think this is a very interesting idea.

Maybe we should switch this conversation to the edu-discuss list?

    Brian

On 21/07/2015 20:38, Alia Atlas wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> edu-team mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team
>

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 07:31:18 -0400

Hi Brian,

> and a technical tutorial in the same Area at a single IETF?

Neither?   It is fine but not necessary.   It's great for those interested
in that area.

I am assuming that we would  have shorter videos on different topics
available.

Alia