Subject: Re: [edu-team] Fwd: IETF Buenos Aires

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 12:51:05 +0200

Hi Jari,

Good idea. And thanks, Fernando!

As Scott said we have newcomers tutorials in various languages:
http://www.ietf.org/edu/newcomers-languages.html

Marcelo Bagnulo gave an IETF newcomers training at the LACNIC meeting in
2012: http://www.ietf.org/edu/tutorials/IETF-newcomers-esp.pdf

This slide set plus the most recent one Scott will present at IETF 93
will be a good start:

http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/edu/wiki/IETF93

Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers,
Mirjam

On 30/6/15 21:38, Jari Arkko wrote:
> Fernando has graciously offered to help with tutorials in Buenos Aires,
> running the intro one in Spanish. I think it would be lovely to be able to
> do this in Spanish as well. Could we get Fernando setup with the
> right materials etc. I think we’ve done the intros in a few languages,
> at least Chinese, so I’m wondering if slides already exist in Spanish
> or if he needs to make a conversion.
> 
> Also, for your information, Fernando, we’re thinking of making
> our tutorials more video- and short clip-oriented. I think we’d like
> to do the full tutorial in person in the future as well, but if we’re
> doing a new language version, it might make sense to think if
> we can break it up in suitable size chunks and video it as well
> (or as a separate effort, before the meeting).
> 
> Jari
> 
>> I have no clue about how the IETF tutorials are organized but waned
>> to volunteer to "teach" the Introduction to the IETF tutorial, at least
>> in Spanish. I guess that having the tutorial in their native-language
>> would help both the language issues, and the "intimidation" that people
>> sometimes feel when they talk to an "alien" (and in this case I'd be a
>> local).
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> edu-team mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team
>

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 14:05:55 +0300

Also, I was talking to Ines today and she mentioned that Marcelo Bagnulo
had done an IETF tutorial in Spanish some time ago. Maybe we can
dig up the slides. She also mentioned that Christian O’Flaherty had
done a Spanish version of the 10-things-to-know video. The English
version is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbn6nhYWPW8
but I don’t know where the Spanish version is.

And Ines was also willing to help out in working on introductions, videos,
etc.

I think it would be useful to put a team together and plan what kinds of
items we need. The intro video(s), other videos, possible additional
other materials… and then divide the work.

Jari

---

From: Ines Robles <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 14:15:37 +0300

Hi,

I am glad to help! :)

this is the video that Christian did 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEzqDGIPTUY

Thanks,

Ines

---

From: Ines Robles <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 14:32:46 +0300

and these are the slides from Marcelo [https://goo.gl/2zktbh]

Thanks,

Ines

---

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 08:44:28 -0300

Hi, Jari et al,

> or if he needs to make a conversion.

I recall Marcelo Bagnulo produced a Spanish version of at least part of
the "Newcomer's tutorial" slides. I'll ask him and report back here.

> (or as a separate effort, before the meeting).

If that's simply a screencast (just go through the slideware and record
the slideshow and the presenter's voice), I can do it. If it requires
animations or that sort of thing...I thin I'd say "I wished I could do
it" (I suck big time at video editing, graphic design, and virtually
every expression of "art" :-) :'( )

Thanks!
-- 
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 6666 31C6 D484 63B2 8FB1 E3C4 AE25 0D55 1D4E 7492

---

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 08:48:02 -0300

Hi, Mirjam,

> Let me know if you need anything else.

I'll contact Marcelo and ask him an "editable" (ppt/odp) version of it.

Thanks!

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 16:57:42 +0300

Carlos has also volunteered to help, if there’s anything that needs doing.

Carlos: Fernando and Ines and have promised to help with IETF tutorial in
Spanish and other materials related to our visit to Buenos Aires. In parallel,
the EDU team is transforming itself more from a Sunday Tutorial mode to
short YouTube video clip mode; maybe the preparation of these materials
could work in the new mode.

Jari

On 02 Jul 2015, at 14:32, Ines Robles <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> this is the video that Christian did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEzqDGIPTUY
>> 
>> Thanks,
>> 
>> Ines

---

From: "Carlos Pignataro (cpignata)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 14:45:24 +0000

Sounds great — thanks Jari and happy to help.

Fernando, Inés,

Will you be at Prague? We should meet up there to plan.

Thanks!

Carlos.

> On Jul 4, 2015, at 9:57 AM, Jari Arkko <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Ines Robles <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 11:56:17 +0300

Hi,

Great! I will be in Prague

If you agree we can use this as minute/agenda

http://etherpad.tools.ietf.org:9000/p/IETF_95_-_EDU_Team_for_Buenos_Aires

and to set  a date we could use this doodle:

table: http://doodle.com/d74fcq8viye85dg6mdk5cap2/admin#table (you can 
modify as well as you need, e.g. adding a specific time, etc..)

Cheers,

Ines.

---

From: "Carlos Pignataro (cpignata)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 15:24:01 +0000

Done. Look forward to catching up in Prague!

Carlos.

> On Jul 7, 2015, at 4:56 AM, Ines Robles <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> table: http://doodle.com/d74fcq8viye85dg6mdk5cap2/admin#table (you can modify as well as you need, e.g. adding a specific time, etc..)
> 
> Cheers,
> 
> Ines.
> 
>