Subject: [edu-team] Presentation skills document

From: Lee Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 14:58:21 -0400

There was discussion on the 93attendees list about a document to help
presenters. I offered to write up my presentation skills training as a
document, adding recent notes, and somebody said, ³Yes, please.² I offer
it to you as a Word doc. I could make it an internet-draft if that would
be appropriate. I would like more reviews, ideas, and discussion;
suggestions for appropriate venue would be welcome.

Thanks,
Lee

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 01:47:39 +1200

I like it.

I think you should add a note about the video camera. "Stand in the pink
box" but in more words. Maybe add a short section after 'Microphones'
about 'Remote Participants'

- remember that the microphone is essential for remote speakers
  (also during Q/A)
- stay in range of the video camera
- pay special attention to comments relayed from jabber

Should you also add something for people presenting remotely via
Meetecho?

When done, I'm sure we should post a PDF on the EDU pages. Due to the
impending web site revamp, wherever we post it, it will probably get
moved anyway.

Regards
   Brian

On 23/07/2015 06:58, Lee Howard wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> edu-team mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team
>

---

From: Lee Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 18:18:32 -0400

Good notes. I’ve added what you’ve suggested, and asked the people I know
who have presented remotely for their tips.

Lee