Subject: [edu-team] GitHub presentation at IETF 94 WG Chairs lunch

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 16:34:53 +0200

Hi Richard, Hi Martin,

It's been suggested to organise a GitHub presentation for IETF
participants, initially for WG chairs and then later possibly as a
Sunday tutorial, and your names came up :-)

Would you be willing and available to do this at IETF 94 during the WG
chairs lunch session on Wednesday?

Here are a few things that would need to be covered:

- Putting up a Note Well notice on the main page
- The basics of using github - how to fork, do pull requests,
synchronise my fork with the master fork
- How to setup and use Travis to do integration builds to check that
things are correct for merges and to produce working copies in the middle
- How to make GitHub sent messages to WG mailing lists
- A discussion of using a centralised issue tracker vs. one issue
tracker per document

What do you think?

Kind regards,
Mirjam Kuehne
(on behalf of the IETF Edu Team)

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 09:21:26 +0200

Hi Richard, Hi Jim,

I am not sure you saw my mail below. Could you please let us know if you
are willing to present this at IETF 94.

Thank you,
Mirjam