Subject: [edu-team] Tuesday breakfast meeting?

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 01:32:49 +0000

Hi,

Is the Tuesday breakfast meeting of the edu team confirmed? If yes, what is the location? Will we have some breakfast, or do we need to care about it on individual basis?

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

---

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 18:16:15 -0800

Yes, breakfast will be served at 7:30am and the room is 421. 

Alexa

On Nov 1, 2015, at 5:32 PM, Romascanu, Dan (Dan) <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> edu-team mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>

---

From: Greg Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 12:16:45 +0900

Dan and Mirjam,

Apologies if I missed an agenda for the meeting tomorrow.

The IETF-LAC team today discussed organizing Newcomer sessions in both Spanish and Portuguese. The have identified a presenter for Spanish (Fernando Gont) and will work to recruit a Portuguese speaker. 

I volunteered to make the connection to be sure they are working from the most current materials, and to guide them about securing time and space for the sessions.

We can discuss tomorrow if appropriate (or handle via email).

-Greg

> On Nov 2, 2015, at 11:16 AM, Alexa Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 19:37:26 -0800

I haven’t seen an agenda either but would be like to briefly touch on the following:

- Review of survey results
- Should we move the Sunday tutorials to earlier in the day? We now open at registration at 10am on Sundays (moved up one hour) and could therefore start tutorials earlier. It would give us more time on Sunday afternoons...
- Using the EDU Team interface in the Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/edu/about/ and requesting change to the appearance
- Speed Mentoring - Technically this is Mentoring Program and not EDU but I would love to chat about it briefly. I audited a few minutes of this session this morning and it was clearly well received. Could we move it to Sunday afternoons (perhaps if we started tutorials earlier) and increase the number of participants? 

Thanks,
Alexa

----------

---

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 22:43:01 -0500

I’d like to talk about the videos I will be offering to the IETF, all of which are basically pieces of the newcomers tutorial

and I’d like to talk about the future of the newcomers tutorial itself

Scott

> On Nov 1, 2015, at 10:37 PM, Alexa Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Karen O'Donoghue <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 05:13:16 +0000

So, Mirjam may or may not have asked me to put together the agenda for this meeting (I think she might have). I honestly don’t remember. My apologies if I dropped the ball on this. I am happy to collect what’s been suggested thus far and send out an agenda later today. 

> On Nov 2, 2015, at 12:43 PM, Scott Bradner <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 08:17:40 +0100

Hi Karen, Hi all,

Don't worry about it, I don't think I asked you to do this - you're
already doing enough :-) .

I was going to send an agenda today - sorry for being so late.

Agenda:

0. Action points from last meeting:
http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/edu/wiki/IETF94 (most of them are done,
some need to be confirmed)

1. Review of IETF 94 Sunday tutorials and review of survey results

2. Tutorials for IETF 95 and IETF 96 (spreadsheet attached for
background info)

3. Edu Material for new IETF web site

4. Keeping list of process docs up to date
(http://www.ietf.org/about/process-docs.html); the Tao?

5. Should we move the Sunday tutorials to earlier in the day? We now
open at registration at 10am on Sundays (moved up one hour) and could
therefore start tutorials earlier. It would give us more time on Sunday
afternoons...

6. Using the EDU Team interface in the Datatracker:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/edu/about/ and requesting change to
the appearance

7. Speed Mentoring - Technically this is Mentoring Program and not EDU
but I would love to chat about it briefly. I audited a few minutes of
this session this morning and it was clearly well received. Could we
move it to Sunday afternoons (perhaps if we started tutorials earlier)
and increase the number of participants?

Can someone please take minutes.

Have a good meeting,
Mirjam

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 08:21:22 +0100

Oh, I forgot to include Scott's videos and future of the newcomers
tutorial in the agenda. I think this would fit nicely between items 1.
and 2.

Mirjam