Subject: [edu-team] Tutorials for IETF 97

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 09:43:12 +0200

Hi,

For IETF 97, we have the following list of tutorials so far:

13:00 - 14:00
- Newcomers (Mike)
- Newcomers in Korean (Amelia Yeo; will confirm next week)
- IEEE 802.11 and 802.15 Wireless (Charlie Perkins, Dorothy Stanley);
repeat from IETF 95

14:30 - 15:30
- OPS area overview (Benoit will find speakers)
- DRPRIVE (Terry Manderson)

Benoit suggested to prepare a tutorial on Security Considerations
(RFC3552bis), but asked the SEC ADs if they think this would conflict
with the DPRIVE tutorial. If they don't think it would, then we might
want to replace the IEEE tutorial with the RFC3552bis tutorial at IETF
97 and postpone the IEEE tutorial to IETF 98.

Otherwise we have the following IETF 98:

- Newcomers (Mike)
- Security area over view and/or Security Considerations (RFC3552bis)(by
Stephen Farrell)
- OAM (Ignas Bagdonas)

(we might need one more more process oriented tutorial).

Here is the link to the tutorials spreadsheet again:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hU9CRsoGUtYGp9Dy8HxgOZoUxYoZSIYqO1IiE0weqcA/edit#gid=1462811485

Once the tutorials for IETF 97 are decided, can you please send the
final list to Naveen so she can include it on the web site before
registration opens (in two weeks)

Thank you and safe travels!

Kind regards,
Mirjam

P.S.: Here is the DPRIVE tutorial description for Naveen:

Abstract:  Why do we care about DNS Privacy?

DNS is one of the oldest pieces of protocol "Infrastructure" used in the
Internet, and the most widely used. Confidentiality or privacy of users'
DNS queries and responses was not included in its design. The DPRIVE
working group was created to design a mechanism to add a layer of
confidentiality to DNS queries, without adversely impacting the existing
DNS protocol or the user base. This talk will discuss the various ways
DNS queries are exposed to leakage and surveillance, what has been
designed and implemented, and where we are going next.

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 10:14:04 +0200

Hi Mirjam,
> with the DPRIVE tutorial. If they don't think it would,
I believe you meant: "if they think it would"

Regards, Benoit
> then we might
> _______________________________________________
> edu-team mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team
> .
>

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 11:05:19 +0000

Hi Mirjam,

I would just like to confirm that the IEEE folks are preparing the IP over IEEE wireless tutorial for IETF 97 - so this request stands. This is not just a 'repeat from IETF 95' but rather an update with more information focused on the new projects in an area with high dynamics and of shared interest for the IETF and IEEE and with a need to coordinate between the two organizations. 

Regards,

Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: edu-team [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mirjam
> Kuehne
> Sent: Friday, July 22, 2016 10:43 AM
> To: EDU Team
> Subject: [edu-team] Tutorials for IETF 97
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
> - IEEE 802.11 and 802.15 Wireless (Charlie Perkins, Dorothy Stanley); repeat
> from IETF 95
> 
> 14:30 - 15:30
> (RFC3552bis), but asked the SEC ADs if they think this would conflict with the
> DPRIVE tutorial. If they don't think it would, then we might want to replace
> the IEEE tutorial with the RFC3552bis tutorial at IETF