Subject: [edu-team] Dpriv tutorial at the next IETF

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 09:09:49 +0200

Hi,

Terry: "confirmed on the EDU, if Sara can't do it - Tim (DPRIVE WG 
co-chair) will."
Currently discussing title and abstract with Terry

Regards, Benoit

---

From: Terry Manderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 07:48:56 +0000

Abstract:  Why do we care about DNS Privacy?

DNS is one of the oldest pieces of protocol "Infrastructure" used in the
Internet, and the most widely used. Confidentiality or privacy of users'
DNS queries and responses was not included in its design. The DPRIVE
working group was created to design a mechanism to add a layer of
confidentiality to DNS queries, without adversely impacting the existing
DNS protocol or the user base. This talk will discuss the various ways
DNS queries are exposed to leakage and surveillance, what has been
designed and implemented, and where we are going next.

Cheers
Terry

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 09:26:30 +0200

[including the people involved in RFC3552bis]

Stephen, Kathleen, Terry,

Would you consider a conflict if we would have this DNS privacy tutorial 
(description below) next to "Guidelines for Writing RFC Text on Security 
Considerations" (RFC3552bis)**at the next IETF.

Regards, Benoit

---

From: Sara Dickinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 13:42:58 +0100

Hi All, 

Just to confirm, I will be at IETF 97 so I can do the EDU on DNS Privacy. 

Sara. 

> On 20 Jul 2016, at 08:48, Terry Manderson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 14:47:00 +0200

Thank you Sara.

Regards, B.
> .