Subject: [edu-team] IETF regional Guides

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 19:56:41 -0700

Hello Dhruv, Vinayakh, Christian and Alvaro,

We are currently cleaning up some of the pages related to the (IETF)
Guides program and streamlining it down to the specific Guides program.
You are currently listed at the bottom of this page as being willing to
answer questions based on your home region:

https://www.ietf.org/about/participate/guides/

Can you give us some background about whether people are making use of
this offer?  Do you still want to be listed as a regional contact?  We
will likely move the information to a different page in the near future,
though we're not quite sure where yet.  But we want to make sure you're
still interested and its being actively used.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
-- 
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI

---

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 09:36:34 +0530

Hi Wes,

Over the years I have received around a dozen emails from folks asking
for some guidance (mostly unrelated to attending an IETF meeting and
about how to start contributing). I have mostly answered the query and
asked them to join [email-masked] mailing list as well
as link them to local resources available.

I am happy being listed as a regional contact if you continue to deem
this useful.

Thanks!
Dhruv

---

From: Karen O'Donoghue <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 05:05:04 +0000

HI folks. 

Just to speak up since I've interacted with most of you in the past around various regional outreach activities related to the IETF. This is just an effort to clean up and streamline the IETF website pages related to the IETF Guides program, which has a specific mandate and structure. We need to rethink how we want to represent the other types of regional outreach that was/is being done and get it properly documented as well. But, these specific pages is not the right place for that material. 

Thanks,
Karen

On 6/30/20, 12:07 AM, "edu-team on behalf of Dhruv Dhody" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    Hi Wes,

    Thanks!
    Dhruv

    > Looking forward to hearing from you,

    _______________________________________________
    edu-team mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 06:10:24 -0700

Hi!

Any way we do it, I’m in. :-)

I’m cc’ing Jéferson Nobre, who co-Chairs the ietf-lac group in LACNOG with
me.

Also, my contact information is out of date.

Thanks!

Alvaro.

On June 30, 2020 at 1:05:13 AM, Karen O'Donoghue ([email-masked]) wrote:

HI folks.

Just to speak up since I've interacted with most of you in the past around
various regional outreach activities related to the IETF. This is just an
effort to clean up and streamline the IETF website pages related to the
IETF Guides program, which has a specific mandate and structure. We need to
rethink how we want to represent the other types of regional outreach that
was/is being done and get it properly documented as well. But, these
specific pages is not the right place for that material.

Thanks,
Karen

On 6/30/20, 12:07 AM, "edu-team on behalf of Dhruv Dhody" <
[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

Hi Wes,

Thanks!
Dhruv

---

From: Christian O'Flaherty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 15:42:42 +0000

I’m cc’ing Jéferson Nobre, who co-Chairs the ietf-lac group in LACNOG with me.

BTW, in the meantime, we should replace my name with Jéferson's here https://www.ietf.org/about/participate/guides/

Christian

Thanks!

Alvaro.

On June 30, 2020 at 1:05:13 AM, Karen O'Donoghue ([email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>) wrote:
HI folks.

Thanks,
Karen

On 6/30/20, 12:07 AM, "edu-team on behalf of Dhruv Dhody" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> on behalf of [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Hi Wes,

asked them to join [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> mailing list as well

Thanks!
Dhruv

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Jéferson Campos Nobre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 14:18:50 -0300

Hi.
Adding up to Christian's message: my info is Jéferson Nobre:
[email-masked]
I am also happy to collaborate in any way.
Thanks.
Best.

----------------------------------------------------
Prof. Dr. Jéferson Campos Nobre
Instituto de Informática
Programa de Pós-Graduação em Computação
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul
http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~jcnobre
----------------------------------------------------

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 12:42 PM Christian O'Flaherty <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> BTW, in the meantime, we should replace my name with Jéferson's here

---

From: Vinayak Hegde <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 11:07:17 +0530

Similar to Dhruv, I get a mail roughly every 2nd month or so about people
wanting to participate in the IETF process. Sometimes they want feedback on
drafts, sometimes they just want to attend meetings. Other times they have
questions about the standardization process.

I am happy to be continued to be listed as a regional contact to help the
community and new participants.

Regards
Vinayak