Subject: [edu-team] Registration process for Slack, Zulip?

From: Mike English <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 12:06:05 -0500

Hello!

First of all, thank you for the informative session this morning! As a
newcomer, I found the overview very helpful.

Now, in preparation for IETF 109, I've been setting up accounts on the
relevant communications platforms. I've learned that usability issues with
Jabber/XMPP have led to exploration of alternative multi-user chat
platforms including Slack, Matrix, and Zulip.

I was able to find and register an account on the experimental Matrix
instance at https://matrix-trial1.ietf.org/ without issue.

I could not complete registration on the experimental Zulip instance at
https://zulip-trial1.ietf.org/ because I never received an e-mail after
submitting my address to the sign up form there. I have checked my spam
folder.

Additionally, I could not find a working invite link for the IETF Slack
instance.

If these platforms are to be used during IETF 109, it would be helpful if
someone could look into the Zulip registration issue, and if someone could
provide an updated link to Slack.

Thank you much!
-Mike

-- 
Mike English
<https://mikeenglish.net>
[Voicemail] +1 (616) 723-0277
[TZ] America/Detroit (UTC −05:00/−04:00)