Subject: [edu-team] Fwd: [GNAP] git/github tutorial for GNAP

From: Fabien Imbault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 16:21:13 +0100

Hello,

As per Yaron's suggestion, I am sending you a tutorial we made for people
within IETF GNAP (to help people participate on the github repository), in
case that's useful as a starting point for other groups.
https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/wiki/Git-tutorial

Beyond that we also have a few utilities developed by the editors, and have
jointly defined a set of processes with the chair to harmonize the
respective uses of the mailing list and github.

Best regards
Fabien

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 3:15 PM
Subject: Re: [GNAP] git/github tutorial for GNAP
To: Fabien Imbault <[email-masked]>, GNAP Mailing List <
[email-masked]>

Thank you for this contribution Fabien! You might want to share with the
Edu Team: https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/edu/about/

                Yaron

*From: *TXAuth <[email-masked]> on behalf of Fabien Imbault <
[email-masked]>
*Date: *Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 15:09
*To: *GNAP Mailing List <[email-masked]>
*Subject: *Re: [GNAP] git/github tutorial for GNAP

Hi there,

The tutorial is completed
https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/wiki/Git-tutorial

Feedbacks are welcome, especially from people unfamiliar with the tool.

Best regards

Fabien

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 3:13 PM Fabien Imbault <[email-masked]>
wrote:

Hi there,

Based on feedback received, we'll start by a wiki to explain. The goal is
to help everyone with issues, PRs etc. We'll only focus on what is
important in the context of GNAP.

Here's the link :
https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/wiki/Git-tutorial

(of course it's just a starting point).

Feel free to contribute and enrich the content.

Cheers.

Fabien

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 12:39 PM Fabien Imbault <[email-masked]>
wrote:

Hi everyone,

The chairs and editors have communicated at various occasions on how/why we
use github. Some of you asked for more information as to how to participate
to issues, PR etc. So we'd propose a short training relative to git/github
and its use for the GNAP working group.

The date still needs to be defined but I can guess we could use a 30min
window at the end of a scheduled meeting. The goal is to record it so that
newcomers can refer if needed.

Please let us know if there are specific questions that you'd like to be
covered.

Best

Fabien

-- TXAuth mailing list [email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/txauth

---

From: Fabien Imbault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 16:47:02 +0100

hello

this link was moved to
https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/wiki/Github-tutorial
(based on feedbacks received that it's more a tutorial on how to use github
than git itself). The workflow is very specific to IETF drafting work.

Best regards
Fabien

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 4:21 PM Fabien Imbault <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Beyond that we also have a few utilities developed by the editors, and
> have jointly defined a set of processes with the chair to harmonize the
> The chairs and editors have communicated at various occasions on how/why
> we use github. Some of you asked for more information as to how to
> participate to issues, PR etc. So we'd propose a short training relative to
> git/github and its use for the GNAP working group.
>