Subject: [Eligibility-discuss] Status update (was: Sergeant-at-Armss and New proposal/New SOW comment period)

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2019 04:23:00 -0700

Hi Warren,

>[removed] - specifically in the discussion that prompted [removed] 
>to threaten to PR me.

I removed some information in the text quoted above as, in my 
opinion, it is better to focus on the issue instead of the 
persons.  IETF participants are segregated into two classes.  The 
issue is that a person falling in the wrong class does not have the 
same recourse as a person in the other class if he/she has to face 
such threats repeatedly.

Would it be possible for any of the Area Directors to provide a 
status update about the virtual BOF request?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2019 16:00:58 -0400

> status update about the virtual BOF request?

I'm embarrassed to admit that I'd managed to lose track of this and
swap out most of the state - I'd somehow ended up with a flag set that
you were going to do some more work on the BoF proposal (to clearly
state the actual problems with the second and third issues) and
scoping to make sure it doesn't stretch beyond recalls.

I'm somewhat overloaded at the moment, but let me circle round with
Alexey and Suresh and hope that they have  more state. I will also
reread the threads to try swap in state.

W

>
> Regards,
> S. Moonesamy
>
> --
> Eligibility-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/eligibility-discuss

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2019 14:17:11 -0700

Hi Warren,
>I'm embarrassed to admit that I'd managed to lose track of this and

It's okay.

>scoping to make sure it doesn't stretch beyond recalls.

I proposed the following changes on the second and third issues: 
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/eligibility-discuss/U5-Trlatv4Rj9xIZ6XTj8Lrv7Oo

>reread the threads to try swap in state.

Thanks,
S. Moonesamy

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 13:04:11 -0400

(top post)

A quick status update:

Alexey, Barry, Suresh and myself just met, and we are planning on
organizing a virtual meeting[0] for this general topic.

We are hoping to have the organization / scoping / logistics, etc part
done in a week or so, and then, as suggested by the guidance on face
to face and virtual interims we will give 4 weeks notice so people can
prepare and schedule, etc.

Barry will be sending more information re: agenda, etc.

W
[0]: BoFs have a lot of process around them (like BoF coordination
calls, etc.), and so having it as virtual meeting seemed better /
faster.