Subject: Re: [EME] EME charter

From: "Fergie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 04:59:36 GMT

-- Jefsey_Morfin <[email-masked]> wrote:

>At 03:18 13/11/2006, Tilman Wolf wrote:
>>The EME charter can be found at
>> http://irtf.org/charter?gtype=rg&group=eme . The goal of our
>>research group is to explore issues related to "middleboxes," i.e.,
>>devices that are placed inside the network along the end-to-end
>>communication path. Our next immediate milestones are to develop an
>>applicability statement followed by a design choices document.
>
>Are OPES and OPES networks (which can be considered as virtual
>middleboxes and virtual distributed middlebox) part of the EME >concerns?
>

Not too sure about OPES devices (seems like OPES primarily deals
with mobile devices, etc., and have not read much in that area),
but after re-reading the research group's charter, it would appear
that NAT devices, DNS, and proxy-caching platforms would be
"low-hanging fruit" in this area.

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 Engineering Architecture for the Internet
 fergdawg(at)netzero.net
 ferg's tech blog: http://fergdawg.blogspot.com/

_______________________________________________
EME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/eme