Subject: [EME] finally!: draft-irtf-eme-francis-nutss-design-00.txt

From: "Paul Francis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:10:27 -0400

Gang,

After weeks of quiet, we have finally generated a draft design/architecture
(called NUTSS) for the EME research group.  Its posted at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-eme-francis-nutss-design-00.tx
t

The intent here is to use this as a strawman to generate concrete discussion,
with a goal of having a pretty solid proposal to bang on at an EME meeting in
Chicago this July.  Given the relatively short time frame, it'd be great if
folks could give this a read and start commenting in the next week or so.
The draft is not as long as it seems...most of it is examples.

The main feature of the NUTSS is the "dual signaling" approach, where both
path-coupled and path-decoupled signaling are tightly coordinated in order to
overcome the limitations of either mode alone.  Some form of dual-signaling
seems necessary to me, but there might be many ways to manage it.  This draft
suggests one way...others might have better ideas.

Thanks,

PF

_______________________________________________
EME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/eme