Subject: [Emu] [Fwd: {Virus?} I-D Action:draft-latze-emu-eap-tpm-00.txt]

From: Carolin Latze <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 21:01:55 +0100

Hi all,

EAP-TPM is a new EAP method aiming to be as secure as EAP-TLS but more 
comfortable for the user. The main idea is to replace the X.509 
certificates with TPM identities (to be precise: with certified TPM 
keys) and to provide a zero-configuration option, which allows to 
request identities on the fly.

We are always open for discussions, (critical) feedback, suggestions, ...

Regards
Carolin Latze

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	{Virus?} I-D Action:draft-latze-emu-eap-tpm-00.txt
Date: 	Tue, 3 Mar 2009 10:30:01 -0800 (PST)
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extensible Authentication Protocol Method for Trusted Computing Groups (TCG) Trusted Platform Modules
	Author(s)       : C. Latze, et al.
	Filename        : draft-latze-emu-eap-tpm-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-03-03

This document describes an Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
[RFC3748] method for identity distribution, authentication and
session key distribution using the Trusted Computing Group's (TCG)
Trusted Platform Module (TPM).  The TPM has been defined by the TCG
in order to establish a root of trust and measurements in (consumer)
computers.  It provides several cryptographic functions and a secure
storage for keys and hashes.  There is also a TPM specification for
mobile devices called Mobile Trusted Module (MTM), which can also be
used for EAP-TPM.  This new EAP method allows network authentication,
which also supports user anonymity, the usage of different user
identities for the authentication with different network operators,
result indication, and a fast re-authentication.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-latze-emu-eap-tpm-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.