Subject: [Emu] [Fwd: FW: Nomcom 2009-10: Important Reminder: Call for Nominations, Local Office hours, Nominee Questionnaires available]

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 17:08:22 +0200

Subject: FW: Nomcom 2009-10: Important Reminder: Call for Nominations, Local Office hours, Nominee Questionnaires available
From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
To: "Working Group Chairs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 09:46:38 -0500
List-Id: Working Group Chairs <wgchairs.ietf.org>

Hi all,

Thanks to the ADs and chairs that forwarded the previous reminder to
their mailing lists. I would appreciate it if other chairs and ADs could
do so, since we are really in need of more nominations.

Thanks,
Mary. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Barnes, Mary
(RICH2:AR00)
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 9:38 AM
To: IETF Announcement list
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Nomcom 2009-10: Important Reminder: Call for Nominations, Local
Office hours, Nominee Questionnaires available 

Hi all,

This is a 2nd reminder of the Call for Nominations that is underway.  We
*really* need more nominations in order to properly execute the task of
selecting candidates for the open positions. At this time, the number of
nominations for all the positions is about 1/2 of what is necessary for
the Nomcom to do a conscientious job of evaluating the nominees and we
are over 2/3 of the way through the nominations period. Nomcom cannot do
their job without this important input from the community. 

So, please consider making nominations for the open positions - it takes
just a few minutes of your time - the details are below.  Right now, we
just need the names/email addresses for the nominees - we'll be
soliciting feedback later. Also, consider that over 1/2 the nominees are
not able to accept the nominations for a variety of reasons - e.g., lack
of funding, lack of sponsor support, etc. Thus, please consider
nominating more than one individual for each of the positions.  

As well as the reminder for the call for nominations, this email also
serves as a reminder for:
2) Local Office Hours
3) Questionnaires available for nominees 

Best Regards,
Mary Barnes
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

========================================================================
=

1) Call for Nominations
------------------------
The nomination period ends in less than 2 weeks on Sept. 18th, 2009. We
appreciate the folks that have taken the time to make nominations thus
far. But, we do need more nominations. Please use the online tool to
nominate - it's fast, easy and secure:
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/09/nominate

Details on the open positions, as well as other details and options for
making nominations are available on the Nomcom homepage:
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/09/

Please consider that the sooner you make the nominations, the more time
your nominee(s) will have to complete the necessary questionnaire (item
3
below).  As well, please consider nominating more than one person for a
particular position. You will have the opportunity to provide additional
feedback later and it's important to consider that not all nominees will
be able to accept the nomination. 

2) Local office hours
-----------------------

In order facilitate additional feedback, the Nomcom has decided to make
themselves available for office areas at various geographic locations
for
3 weeks in September, starting on the 8th. 

Below please find the list of locations where Nomcom members will be
available for these f2f meetings . Unless dates are identified below,
the
Nomcom member is generally available for part of the day during the
weeks
of Sept 8-11, Sept 14-18 and Sept 21-25. Also, languages other than
English in which the Nomcom member is fluent are identfied.  

Please contact a Nomcom member in a specific geographic location to
arrange a convenient meeting time and place. Most Nomcom members are
flexible as to meeting locations - i.e., we can travel to your office,
meet at our offices or somewhere in between.  

As a reminder folks can always contact any Nomcom member to provide
feedback at anytime - i.e., you don't need to participate in these f2f
sessions to provide feedback. 

Belgium: 
     Dimitri Papadimitriou - [email-masked]
(Sept
21-25) (Languages: French) 

Boston, Mass, USA:  
     Stephen Kent - [email-masked]  (Sept 16-18) 

Boulder, CO, USA: 
     Wassim Haddad - [email-masked] (Sept 14-18)

Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX, USA:  
     Mary Barnes  - [email-masked] 
     Lucy Yong - [email-masked]  (Languages: Chinese) 

Helsinki, Finland: 
      Simo Veikkolainen - [email-masked] (Languages:
Finnish)

Ithaca, NY, USA: 
      Scott Brim - [email-masked]

Montevideo, Uruguay: 
      Roque Gagliano - [email-masked] (Sept 14-18, 21-25) (Languages:
Spanish, Portuguese) 

Montreal, Quebec, Canada 
     Wassim Haddad - [email-masked] (Sept 8-11)
     -- Can also be available in Ottawa if folks are interested 

Paris, France: 
      Dimitri Papadimitriou - [email-masked]
(Sept 15-18)  (Languages: French)

San Diego, CA, USA: 
      Randall Gellens - [email-masked]   
      Dave Crocker - [email-masked]  (Sept 16-18)

Silicon Valley/SF Bay,  CA, USA: 
      Dave Crocker - [email-masked]  (Sept 8-11, Sept 14-15, Sept
21-25)   
      Dorothy Gellert - [email-masked]

3) Questionnaires available for nominees: 

For folks that have been notified that they have been nominated for any
of the positions, the questionnaires are now available on the Nomcom09
tools website:
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/09/iab-questionnaire
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/09/iaoc-questionnaire
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/09/iesg-questionnaire

If you have any questions, please let me know. I will be contacting
everyone individually, as well as sending reminders. 

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce