Subject: Re: [Emu] make <EAP Method Support for Transporting AAA Payloads> WG item

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 11:32:38 -0400

>>>>> "Alan" == Alan DeKok <[email-masked]> writes:

    Alan> Hoeper Katrin-QWKN37 wrote:
    >> I did not attend the last EMU WG meeting in person, but as a
    >> remote participant it appeared to me that there was a general
    >> consensus that the channel binding draft
    >> (draft-ietf-emu-chbind-05) should reference “EAP
    >> Method Support for Transporting AAA Payloads”
    >> (http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-clancy-emu-aaapay-04.txt) as
    >> solution for transporting channel binding information.

    Alan>   We need to confirm on the list (a) what we propose, and (b)
    Alan> whether or not it has consensus.

    >> In that case, shouldn’t we make this draft a working
    >> group item? Right now it is still a personal draft.

    Alan>   Sam's suggestion (IIRC) was to merge the two documents.  The
    Alan> channel binding document is small, and may be better served by
    Alan> specifying the protocol, too.

Correct.  I was planning on taking text from the individual document,
and explicitly referencing that in acknowledgements.  If there are
significant authors of clancy-emu-aaapay who are not already authors of
emu-chbind, we can create a contributors section to acknowledge their
significant text contributions.