Subject: Re: [Emu] security paper on tunneled authentication

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 08:47:31 -0700

Katrina Hoeper said:

"Unfortunately, it seems to be too late to reference the analysis in the
tunnel requirement draft, but I hope that some people still might find it
interesting."

[BA] The paper represents the most comprehensive analysis of tunneled
authentication security to date, and brings into question a number of
assumptions that have been made as to how MITM in the middle attacks can be
mitigated.     In looking over the tunnel requirements document,  there are
only a few places where the issue of MITM attacks is discussed, so if you
believe there are changes that need to be made, you should go ahead and
propose them.

---

From: "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 09:31:29 +0700

I agree w/Bernard.  It is never too late to fix a broken document.

Hope this helps.

 ~gwz

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Bernard Aboba
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:48 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Emu] security paper on tunneled authentication

Katrina Hoeper said: