Subject: [Emu] I-D Action:draft-mongazon-emu-ip-modes-eap-00.txt

From: Bruno Mongazon-Cazavet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 16:39:02 +0200

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IP Connectivity modes Hint for EAP
	Author(s)       : B. Mongazon-Cazavet, Y. El Mghazli
	Filename        : draft-mongazon-emu-ip-modes-eap-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-10-11

The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) is defined in [RFC3748].
This document defines a mechanism that allows an access network to
provide IP connectivity modes hints to an EAP peer -- the end of the
link that responds to the authenticator.  The purpose is to allow the
EAP peer in executing in a reliable and efficient manner the IP
connectivity step as soon as the authentication phase completes.
This is useful in situations where a peer and the networks it visits
support various IP connectivity modes.  Without the hint, such a peer
might fail or take some time to select a valid IP connectivity mode
on the visited network.  With the help of the hint, a visited network
provides the peer with a list of supported IP connectivity modes and
allows it to execute successfully the convenient IP connectivity as
soon as the authentication is complete.  The hint is particularly
useful when users are performing vertical handovers through different
network technologies such as wireless ones.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mongazon-emu-ip-modes-eap-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mongazon-emu-ip-modes-eap-00.txt