Subject: [Emu] IETF 83 agenda request: channel binding implementation

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 10:33:07 -0500

I think that a number of participants will be familiar with some channel
binding implementation work by IETF 83 and I think it would be valuable
to brienf the WG on lessons learned.  At one level, we perhaps don't
care about implementation-specific problems or issues that pop up when
adding channel bindings to non-standards-track methods.

However, I think we have a lot to learn in terms of looking at similar
issues that may cross implementations and in terms of what to specify to
get the security we need in new standards track methods.  So, I think
this could really be worth a bit of discussion at IETF 83.

---

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 10:02:25 +0100

> adding channel bindings to non-standards-track methods.

  I agree.  The work so far on CB has been on requirements. It would be
good to know about implementation issues.

> this could really be worth a bit of discussion at IETF 83.

  We'll schedule some time for this at the meeting.

  Alan DeKok.

---

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 15:06:29 +0200

I am looking forward to the discussion. 

I care about implementation specific aspects, particularly if they hide
some underlying problems. 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> ext Sam Hartman
> Sent: Monday, February 06, 2012 5:33 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Emu] IETF 83 agenda request: channel binding implementation
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Emu mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emu