Subject: Re: [Emu] draft-ietf-emu-chbind and username

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 12:41:28 +0200

Sam Hartman wrote:
> I'd like to take a step back and ask why you'd ever want to channel-bind
> user-name in the first place?  I guess the theory is that your EAP
> method supports channel binding but does not have a well-defined concept
> of peer ID or support identity protection/transporting method-specific
> identity?

  I think that situation isn't widely used.

> My proposal is that we stop recommending channel binding to user-name
> rather than documenting the issues associated with doing so.

  I would document why channel binding User-Name is a bad idea.  Or, why
it's useful only in certain limited circumstances.

  Alan DeKok.

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 08:24:49 -0400

I have no problemdocumenting why we do not do so as an example of privacy in sec cons
-- 
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Alan DeKok <[email-masked]> wrote:

Alan DeKok.