Subject: [Emu] I-D Action: draft-ietf-emu-crypto-bind-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 01:04:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the EAP Method Update Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : EAP Mutual Cryptographic Binding
	Author(s)       : Sam Hartman
                          Margaret Wasserman
                          Dacheng Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-emu-crypto-bind-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2013-01-05

Abstract:
   As the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) evolves, EAP peers
   rely increasingly on information received from the EAP server.  EAP
   extensions such as channel binding or network posture information are
   often carried in tunnel methods; peers are likely to rely on this
   information.  EAP has provided a facility that protects tunnel
   methods against man-in-the-middle attacks.  However, cryptographic
   binding focuses on protecting the server rather than the peer.  This
   memo explores attacks possible when the peer is not protected from
   man-in-the-middle attacks and recommends mutual cryptographic
   binding, a new form of cryptographic binding that protects both peer
   and server along with other mitigations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-crypto-bind

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-emu-crypto-bind-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-emu-crypto-bind-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/