Subject: [Emu] Method-Id and Session-Id for EAP-TLS with TLS 1.3

From: Mohit Sethi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2018 13:13:35 +0300

Hi all,

At IETF 102, there was consensus in the room to use exporters going 
forward. Bernard rightly pointed out that the Session-Id was missing the 
Type Code prefix. As stated in RFC 5247:

> EAP Session-Id is the
>        concatenation of the single octet EAP Type Code and a temporally
>        unique identifier obtained from the method (known as the
>        Method-Id):
Therefore, we have updated the current version of the draft in github 
(https://emu-wg.github.io/draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13/draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13.html) 
to use the following construction:

> Method-Id    = TLS-Exporter("EXPORTER_EAP_TLS_Method-Id", "", 64)
> Session-Id   = 0x0D || Method-Id
>
where 0x0D is the type code. IANA had allocated type code 13 for EAP-TLS.

Please let us know if we still missed something.

--Mohit