Subject: Re: [Emu] Question about draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13-03 && application data

From: John Mattsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 11:40:13 +0000

Hi,

As there was no objections, I made the following changes to the GitHub version that will appear in draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13-04

Section 2.1.1

OLD:
 
   As stated in [RFC5216], the TLS cipher suite shall not be used to
   protect application data.  This applies also for early application
   data.  When EAP-TLS is used with TLS 1.3, early application data
   SHALL NOT be used.

NEW:

   TLS 1.3 introduces early application data; early application data
   SHALL NOT be used with EAP-TLS.

Section 2.4

ADDED:

   While EAP-TLS does not protect any application data, the negotiated
   cipher suites and algorithms MAY be used to secure data as done in
   other TLS-based EAP methods. 

Section 2.5

DELETED:

   Note that the use of an empty application data record does not
   violate the requirement that the TLS cipher suite shall not be used
   to protect application data, as the application data is the empty
   string, no application data is protected.

Cheers,
John