Subject: [Emu] Run EAP-NOOB implementation

From: Thien Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 15:09:32 +0100

Hello all,

I'm considering enrolling in the Hackathon with EAP-NOOB so I've been
trying to run the implementation that you have posted at
https://github.com/tuomaura/eap-noob but I have not succeeded.

I have followed the steps indicated in the README and the EAP communication
always ends in Failure. The identity [email-masked] is sent and the
EAP-Request message is returned with the empty Identity field.

Is there any additional information or any configuration that I need to
know in order to execute the scenario? Or could you provide sample
information that needs to be added to the configuration files for execution?

I would also like more information on how the client is simulated. Does the
wpa_auto_run.py script do it? Should I run some other program to complete
the authentication process or how can I get the OOB code?

I apologize if this is not the right place to send this email.

Thank you very much for your attention.
Greetings,
Thien Nguyen.

---

From: Aleksi Peltonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 15:45:52 +0200

Hi Thien Nguyen,

Thank you for your interest in hacking with our group during the 
hackathon, I look forward to working with you!

I'm happy to help you debug this issue, but let's take this separately 
off-the-mailing list. If we find some issues in the spec that need to be 
addressed, we can bring it back to the EMU mailing list.

Best regards,
Aleksi

On 13/03/2019 16:09, Thien Nguyen wrote:

> I have followed the steps indicated in the README and the EAP 
> communication always ends in Failure. The identity [email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]> is sent and the EAP-Request message is 
> returned with the empty Identity field.
>
> Is there any additional information or any configuration that I need 
> to know in order to execute the scenario? Or could you provide sample 
> I would also like more information on how the client is simulated. 
> Does the wpa_auto_run.py script do it? Should I run some other program 
> to complete the authentication process or how can I get the OOB code?
>