Subject: [Emu] Support of NIST P-256 in EAP-NOOB

From: Eduardo Inglés UM <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 13:23:09 +0300

Hi again,

I am currently implementing EAP-NOOB on Zolertia Firefly boards 
(https://zolertia.io/product/firefly/). The board provides hardware 
acceleration for ECC operations. However, currently the API only 
supports ECDHE with NIST P-256 and EAP-NOOB draft only mentions the 
cryptosuite x25519 in Section 4.1.

I know that IETF likes the curve x25519, which has been specified 
through the CFRG process. Besides that, I see that many other platforms 
only support NIST P-256 in hardware. Thus, I wonder if it would be 
possible to support NIST P-256 to the draft?

In this draft 
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lwig-curve-representations-06) I 
see that perhaps it is possible to use the code NIST P-256 for doing 
x25519. However, I have no coding expertise in cryptographic encoding to 
do that. Hence authors, do you want to support another curve?

Regards,
Eduardo Inglés.