Subject: [Emu] FW: New Version Notification for draft-aura-eap-noob-08.txt

From: Aura Tuomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 07:41:22 +0000

The latest version of the EAP-NOOB draft has only editorial changes. Many are based on Daniel Migault's review, which was very helpful in spotting potentially confusing text bits. Some terminology questions may need further discussion. The length of the PeerId requires a detailed analysis, which I will work on with my students. Overall, these are very minor issues and, IMO, the draft is ready for working group adoption.

Tuomas

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Tuesday, 10 March, 2020 00:25
To: Aura Tuomas <[email-masked]>; Mohit Sethi <[email-masked]>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-aura-eap-noob-08.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-aura-eap-noob-08.txt has been successfully submitted by Tuomas Aura and posted to the IETF repository.

Name:		draft-aura-eap-noob
Revision:	08
Title:		Nimble out-of-band authentication for EAP (EAP-NOOB)
Document date:	2020-03-09
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		62
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aura-eap-noob-08.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-aura-eap-noob/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-aura-eap-noob-08
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-aura-eap-noob
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-aura-eap-noob-08

Abstract:
   Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) provides support for
   multiple authentication methods.  This document defines the EAP-NOOB
   authentication method for nimble out-of-band (OOB) authentication and
   key derivation.  The EAP method is intended for bootstrapping all
   kinds of Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices that have no pre-configured
   authentication credentials.  The method makes use of a user-assisted
   one-directional OOB message between the peer device and
   authentication server to authenticate the in-band key exchange.  The
   device must have an input or output interface, such as a display,
   microphone, speakers or blinking light, which can send or receive
   dynamically generated messages of tens of bytes in length.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat