Subject: [Emu] Last Call: <draft-ietf-emu-eap-session-id-02.txt> (EAP Session-Id Derivation for EAP-SIM, EAP-AKA, and PEAP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 13:37:06 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the EAP Method Update WG (emu) to
consider the following document: - 'EAP Session-Id Derivation for EAP-SIM,
EAP-AKA, and PEAP'
  <draft-ietf-emu-eap-session-id-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-05-27. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   EAP Session-Id derivation has not been defined for EAP-SIM or EAP-AKA
   when using the fast re-authentication exchange instead of full
   authentication.  This document updates RFC 5247 to define those
   derivations for EAP-SIM and EAP-AKA.  RFC 5247 also does not define
   Session-Id derivation for PEAP.  A definition is given here which
   follows the definition for other TLS-based EAP methods.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-eap-session-id/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.