Subject: [Emu] draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob-01 incorrect curve name in example messages

From: Max Crone <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 12:21:55 +0300

Hi,

I noticed that the examples messages in Appendix F 
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob-01#appendix-F) use 
the curve name "Curve25519" in the JWK object. However, according to the 
IANA registry 
(https://www.iana.org/assignments/jose/jose.xhtml#web-key-elliptic-curve), 
the curve name should be "X25519".

In the implementation I am working on I will thus use the latter, 
trusting that the draft will update to conform to the IANA registry.

With kind regards,

Max Crone

---

From: Mohit Sethi M <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 09:02:03 +0000

Hi Max,

Good catch. This will be fixed in the next version!

--Mohit

On 7/3/20 12:21 PM, Max Crone wrote:
> (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob-01#appendix-F) 
> use the curve name "Curve25519" in the JWK object. However, according 
> to the IANA registry 
> _______________________________________________
> Emu mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emu