Subject: [Emu] Éric Vyncke's Yes on draft-ietf-emu-eaptlscert-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2020 02:03:55 -0800

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-emu-eaptlscert-06: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-eaptlscert/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ending this round of IESG evaluation reviews with this document. Good choice as
it is easy to read, addresses a real problem, and provides a lot of common
sense/sensible suggestions.

Like noted by Barry and others, I think that this document could aim for a
'higher grade' status (BCP for example); OTOH, some sections such as 4.2.3
propose protocol extensions that won't fit in a BCP or PS.

Regards

-éric