Subject: [Emu] I-D Action: draft-ietf-emu-eaptlscert-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 00:09:25 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the EAP Method Update WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Handling Large Certificates and Long Certificate Chains in TLS-based EAP Methods
        Authors         : Mohit Sethi
                          John Mattsson
                          Sean Turner
	Filename        : draft-ietf-emu-eaptlscert-08.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2020-11-20

Abstract:
   The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), defined in RFC3748,
   provides a standard mechanism for support of multiple authentication
   methods.  EAP-Transport Layer Security (EAP-TLS) and other TLS-based
   EAP methods are widely deployed and used for network access
   authentication.  Large certificates and long certificate chains
   combined with authenticators that drop an EAP session after only 40 -
   50 round-trips is a major deployment problem.  This document looks at
   this problem in detail and describes the potential solutions
   available.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-eaptlscert/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-emu-eaptlscert-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-emu-eaptlscert-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-emu-eaptlscert-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/