Subject: [Emu] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5216 (6357)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 21:53:29 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5216,
"The EAP-TLS Authentication Protocol".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6357

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>

Section: 5.1

Original Text
-------------
   [3] Section 5 of BCP 86 [RFC3766] offers advice on the required RSA
   or Diffie-Hellman (DH) module and Digital Signature Algorithm (DSA)
   subgroup size in bits, for a given level of attack resistance in
   bits.  For example, a 2048-bit RSA key is recommended to provide
   128-bit equivalent key strength.  The National Institute of Standards
   and Technology (NIST) also offers advice on appropriate key sizes in
   [SP800-57].

Corrected Text
--------------
   [3] Section 5 of BCP 86 [RFC3766] offers advice on the required RSA
   or Diffie-Hellman (DH) modulus and Digital Signature Algorithm (DSA)
   subgroup size in bits, for a given level of attack resistance in
   bits.  For example, a 2048-bit RSA key is recommended to provide
   128-bit equivalent key strength.  The National Institute of Standards
   and Technology (NIST) also offers advice on appropriate key sizes in
   [SP800-57].

Notes
-----
RSA and DH computations are parameterized by their moduli, with singular "modulus" (not "module").

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5216 (draft-simon-emu-rfc2716bis-13)
--------------------------------------
Title               : The EAP-TLS Authentication Protocol
Publication Date    : March 2008
Author(s)           : D. Simon, B. Aboba, R. Hurst
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : EAP Method Update
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 16:38:16 +0000

Looks ok to me.

> On Dec 15, 2020, at 21:54, RFC Errata System <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rfc-editor.org%2Ferrata%2Feid6357&amp;data=04%7C01%7CBernard.Aboba%40microsoft.com%7Cfd18c37634264d91633508d8a186ee08%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C0%7C0%7C637436948647284983%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=JmTH%2BEcw1ksnycAeZyqgtUyJcpv3%2FtMF0zQp1gCMqQo%3D&amp;reserved=0
>