Subject: [Emu] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13-13: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 07:16:31 -0800

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

As previously balloted in a discuss, I believe that the structure of this
document will make it hard to obsolete RFC 5216 in the future, particularly
when RFC 5246 eventually becomes historic.  Retrospectively, it would probably
have been better to structure this document such that the specification
replaces and obsoletes RFC 5246.

However, after discussion with the responsible AD, I agree that this would be a
significant change to make at this late stage, and probably can be mitigated in
future.

Regards,
Rob