Subject: [Emu] Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Erik Kline via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 15:32:29 -0700

Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[ section 2 ]

* Do you want to use the 8174 language instead of the 2119 version?

[ section 5.6 ]

* For eap-noob.arpa (or noob.eap.arpa or whatever), even though
  Application Software, Name Resolution APIs and Libraries, and
  Caching DNS Servers are "not expected to recognize this domain
  name as special", there is no harm if they do recognize it and
  short circuit any resolution attempts, yes?