Subject: [Emu] I-D Action: draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 13:37:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the EAP Method Update WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Nimble out-of-band authentication for EAP (EAP-NOOB)
        Authors         : Tuomas Aura
                          Mohit Sethi
                          Aleksi Peltonen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob-06.txt
	Pages           : 68
	Date            : 2021-09-03

Abstract:
   The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) provides support for
   multiple authentication methods.  This document defines the EAP-NOOB
   authentication method for nimble out-of-band (OOB) authentication,
   and key derivation.  The EAP method is intended for bootstrapping all
   kinds of Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices that have no pre-configured
   authentication credentials.  The method makes use of a user-assisted
   one-directional OOB message between the peer device and
   authentication server to authenticate the in-band key exchange.  The
   device must have a non-network input or output interface, such as a
   display, microphone, speaker, or blinking light, which can send or
   receive dynamically generated messages of tens of bytes in length.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/