Subject: QLM Reduces Product Development Time By 1/3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 05:44:26 -0800 (PST)

This announcement is for entmib:
 
Press Release: KSA's QLM is a Quantum Leap Methodology for Rapid Product 
Development for High Tech Companies.

Contact: Joe Bisaccio, VP Marketing, 1.888.597.9284 (toll free), 
mailto:[email-masked], http://www.ksa-mkt.com

Newton, Mass., November 18, 1998 — Kalman Saffran Associates, Inc. (KSA), a 
leading developer of state-of-the-art products for data communications, 
telecommunications and interactive/CATV industries, today announced the availability 
of their new QLM™, an innovative process for companies looking to reduce product 
time-to-market in a highly competitive marketplace.  Using QLM, KSA guarantees 
that companies will reduce their product development cycles by at least one-third.

Based on a scientific methodology derived from practices implemented for such 
industry leading companies as Hewlett-Packard, Cisco Systems and Nortel, KSA's 
QLM combines a comprehensive set of processes, techniques, tools and templates 
together with a knowledge base to produce optimal results for companies in a broad 
set of industries.

"KSA will decrease a company's time-to-market by one-third, possibly more," said 
Kalman Saffran, President of Kalman Saffran Associates, Inc.  "Our highly 
experienced engineers will recommend solutions based on years of developing 
products for the telecommunications and data communications industries, and then put 
those recommendations to use by applying our finely-tuned methodology."

Statistics show that the first company to market a product gains a 50% share, the 
second a 25% share, the third a 12.5% share, and the rest divide the remaining 
12.5%.  The product time-to-market interval begins from the time a product is 
conceived until it is ready for use or sale, and the components of this lifecycle typically 
take the average company 12-18 months.  Rapid entry into the marketplace is critical 
in today's high technology communications market, and KSA uses its world class 
methodology to dramatically reduce this product development time.  QLM can be 
applied to any industry's product development.  A Fortune 100 company would be 
able to see an impact in about one month; a Fortune 500 company, three or four 
months.  

KSA has consistently brought high-quality products to market rapidly, predictably, 
and at minimum cost for its Fortune 500 clients.  Companies implementing QLM will 
benefit from KSA's exclusive and established system of assessment, implementation, 
verification, customization, and quantification to decrease their product development 
time-to-market.  Not only will QLM cut overall product development time by one-
third, giving companies the chance to retain the larger market shares that they are 
striving for, but it will also immediately trim their development costs. 

Pricing and Availability
The QLM offering is available starting at $20,000.  Companies interested in QLM 
analysis and recommendations or learning more about KSA's comprehensive 
engineering process training program should contact Joe Bisaccio, vice president of 
marketing, at 1.888.597.9284, or mailto:[email-masked]

About Kalman Saffran Associates, Inc.
Established in 1978, Kalman Saffran Associates, Inc. (KSA) is a leading OEM 
product development firm that rapidly creates innovative products for premier 
companies in the data communications, telecommunications and interactive/CATV 
industries.  To ensure success, KSA applies a proven, advanced engineering 
methodology to all projects.  KSA has a staff of more than 100, including engineers 
specializing in today's "building block" technologies such as SONET/SDH, ATM, 
xDSL, fiber optics, MPEG and PCI.  KSA has designed a CompactPCI hot swap 
solution and is licensing that solution to communications companies looking to bring 
hot swap capable products to market quickly. Additionally, KSA offers MPEG-2, 
and SONET/SDH technology licenses. KSA's clients include industry leaders such as 
AT&T, Lucent, Nortel, Cisco Systems, Bay Networks, 3COM, Scientific-Atlanta, 
PictureTel, Hewlett Packard, Alcatel, Compaq and Motorola, among many others.  
For further information, visit KSA at http://www.ksa-mkt.com