Subject: [Entmib] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-entmib-v3-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:25:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Entity MIB Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Entity MIB (Version 3)
	Author(s)	: K. McCloghrie, A. Bierman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-entmib-v3-02.txt
	Pages		: 65
	Date		: 2003-8-27
	
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB) for
use with network management protocols in the Internet community.  In
particular, it describes managed objects used for managing multiple
logical and physical entities managed by a single SNMP agent.  This
document specifies version 3 of the Entity MIB, which obsoletes version
2 (RFC 2737).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-entmib-v3-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-entmib-v3-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-entmib-v3-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:09:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, [email-masked] wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line
> Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the
> Entity MIB Working Group of the IETF.
> 

Greetings,

I looked over this draft briefly and also ran it through smidiff.
It looks as if the previously agreed-upon changes have been made,
but unfortunately the REVISION/DESCRIPTION pair that pertains to the
RFC 2737 revision seems to have been inadvertently deleted from the
MIB module.  My suggestion would be to quickly issue another rev to
fix this problem;  the text that needs to be restored is this:

    REVISION        "199912070000Z"
    DESCRIPTION
            "Initial Version of Entity MIB (Version 2).
             This revision obsoletes RFC 2037.
             This version published as RFC 2737."

When this is done I'd also suggest using the 4-digit year format for
the original revision (i.e., s/"9610310000Z"/"199610310000Z").
Otherwise (based on past experience) I would expect it to come up in
AD review :-)

Sorry for not catching this earlier.  I've attached the smidiff
report below in case there is something else buried in there that I
missed earlier.

Regards,

Mike Heard

This command (smidiff 0.4.2-pre1, as of Tue Aug 05 15:58:53 2003)
has been processed to get the following results:
smidiff -m -s -l 9 ENTITY-MIB entmib-v3-02.my

/usr/local/share/mibs/ietf/ENTITY-MIB:67: warning: use Integer32
instead of INTEGER in SMIv2
/usr/local/share/mibs/ietf/ENTITY-MIB:256: warning: use Integer32
instead of INTEGER in SMIv2
/usr/local/share/mibs/ietf/ENTITY-MIB:293: warning: use Integer32
instead of INTEGER in SMIv2
/usr/local/share/mibs/ietf/ENTITY-MIB:619: warning: use Integer32
instead of INTEGER in SMIv2
/usr/local/share/mibs/ietf/ENTITY-MIB:880: warning: use Integer32
instead of INTEGER in SMIv2
entmib-v3-02.my:15 [5] {contact-changed} warning: contact of
`ENTITY-MIB' changed
entmib-v3-02.my:15 [5] {description-changed} warning: description of
module identity definition `ENTITY-MIB' changed
/usr/local/share/mibs/ietf/ENTITY-MIB:40 [3] {revision-removed}
revision `1999-12-07 00:00' removed
entmib-v3-02.my:44 [5] {revision-added} warning: revision
`2003-08-27 00:00' added
/usr/local/share/mibs/ietf/ENTITY-MIB:14 [6] {previous-definition}
info: previous definition of `ENTITY-MIB'
entmib-v3-02.my:97 [5] {named-number-added} warning: named number
`cpu' added to type `PhysicalClass'
entmib-v3-02.my:97 [5] {description-changed} warning: description of
textual convention definition `PhysicalClass' changed
/usr/local/share/mibs/ietf/ENTITY-MIB:69 [6] {previous-definition}
info: previous definition of `PhysicalClass'
entmib-v3-02.my:185 [5] {description-changed} warning: description
of textual convention definition `SnmpEngineIdOrNone' changed
/usr/local/share/mibs/ietf/ENTITY-MIB:153 [6] {previous-definition}
info: previous definition of `SnmpEngineIdOrNone'
entmib-v3-02.my:83 [5] {type-added} warning: type
`PhysicalIndexOrZero' has been added
entmib-v3-02.my:288 [3] {from-implicit} type `PhysicalIndexOrZero'
replaces implicit type for `entPhysicalContainedIn'
/usr/local/share/mibs/ietf/ENTITY-MIB:255 [6] {previous-definition}
info: previous definition of `entPhysicalContainedIn'
entmib-v3-02.my:306 [5] {named-number-added} warning: named number
`cpu' added to type used in `entPhysicalClass'
entmib-v3-02.my:737 [5] {description-changed} warning: description
of object definition `entLogicalTAddress' changed
/usr/local/share/mibs/ietf/ENTITY-MIB:704 [6] {previous-definition}
info: previous definition of `entLogicalTAddress'
entmib-v3-02.my:754 [5] {description-changed} warning: description
of object definition `entLogicalTDomain' changed
/usr/local/share/mibs/ietf/ENTITY-MIB:721 [6] {previous-definition}
info: previous definition of `entLogicalTDomain'
entmib-v3-02.my:808 [5] {status-change} warning: legal status change
from `current' to `deprecated' for `entLPMappingTable'
/usr/local/share/mibs/ietf/ENTITY-MIB:775 [6] {previous-definition}
info: previous definition of `entLPMappingTable'
entmib-v3-02.my:845 [5] {status-change} warning: legal status change
from `current' to `deprecated' for `entLPMappingEntry'
/usr/local/share/mibs/ietf/ENTITY-MIB:812 [6] {previous-definition}
info: previous definition of `entLPMappingEntry'
entmib-v3-02.my:863 [5] {status-change} warning: legal status change
from `current' to `deprecated' for `entLPPhysicalIndex'
/usr/local/share/mibs/ietf/ENTITY-MIB:830 [6] {previous-definition}
info: previous definition of `entLPPhysicalIndex'
entmib-v3-02.my:1282 [5] {status-change} warning: legal status
change from `current' to `deprecated' for `entityMappingGroup'
/usr/local/share/mibs/ietf/ENTITY-MIB:1159 [6] {previous-definition}
info: previous definition of `entityMappingGroup'
entmib-v3-02.my:1351 [5] {node-added} warning: group
`entityMappingGroupRev1' has been added
entmib-v3-02.my:1102 [5] {status-change} warning: legal status
change from `current' to `deprecated' for `entity2Compliance'
/usr/local/share/mibs/ietf/ENTITY-MIB:1063 [6] {previous-definition}
info: previous definition of `entity2Compliance'
entmib-v3-02.my:1165 [2] {refinement-added} object refinement for
`entPhysicalClass' added to `entity2Compliance'
entmib-v3-02.my:1186 [5] {node-added} warning: compliance
`entity3Compliance' has been added

_______________________________________________
Entmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/entmib

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:11:05 -0700

>fix this problem;  the text that needs to be restored is this:

okay.
I made the agreed changes plus I changed the order of the authors,
at Keith's request.

>report below in case there is something else buried in there that I

Andy

---

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:09:17 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

    REVISION        "199912070000Z"
    DESCRIPTION

Regards,

Mike Heard

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:11:05 -0700

okay.

Andy