Subject: spam filters (was: [Entmib] entity mib support for tcif)

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 14:00:34 -0700 (PDT)

>>>>> On Sun Sep  7 13:25:01 2003, C. M. Heard wrote:
cmh> Indeed, I think there is a practical reason to avoid long lists
cmh> of addresses in the To: and Cc: fields -- the spam filters for
cmh> the lists hosted as ietf.org seem to be trapping such messages
cmh> as potential spam.  When that happens it results in moderation
cmh> delays, which inhibits the discussion;  indeed, several
cmh> messages from this thread seem to be sitting in the entmib
cmh> moderation queue as we speak, and I suspect this as the cause.
cmh> If this message makes it to the entmib list without delay,
cmh> thereby confirming my suspicions, I suggest that we trim down
cmh> the To: and Cc: lists and send the messages to [email-masked]
cmh> only.

That message has only [email-masked] in the To: list ...

>>>>> ON Sun Sep  7 13:26:04 2003, [email-masked] replied:
admin> Your message entitled
admin> 
admin>     RE: [Entmib] entity mib support for tcif
admin> 
admin> was successfully received by the Entmib mailing list.

... and it appears, unlike its brethren with the long
To: and Cc: lists, to have successfully evaded the spam traps
(it was automatically processed within a minute of being sent).

>>>>> On Sun Sep  7 13:41:44 2003, Andy Bierman confirmed this:
andy> thanks for pointing this out.  I run the entmib list
andy> and I try to check the queue once a day.  Messages are
andy> blocked for too many recipients and also messages posted
andy> by non-members of the list.

Enough said.  Those on the bcc: list who are not subscribed to the
entmib list and who wish to continue the discussion may subscribe
so at http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/entmib

//cmh

_______________________________________________
Entmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/entmib

---

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 14:00:34 -0700 (PDT)

//cmh