Subject: [Entmib] FW: [psg.com #328] AutoReply: Containment Hierach and entPhysical Containedin

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:44:44 -0500

The following is the proposed resolution to entstate-328. The issue 
will be considered closed pending the proposed edit being done.

In the various object definitions replace phrases like

"as defined by a value of
               entPhysicalContainedIn that references this entity"

With one like

"as defined by the entPhysicalContainedIn object."

Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 12:56 PM
To: Chisholm, Sharon [CAR:0S00:EXCH]
Subject: [psg.com #328] AutoReply: Containment Hierach and
entPhysicalContainedin
<clip>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juergen Schoenwaelder [[email-masked]]

"5) Several description clauses refer to "entities within its
   containment hierarchy" followed by a sentence which limits this to
   the entities "having a value of entPhysicalContainedIn that refers
   to this entity". This somehow excludes transitive containment. Is
   this by intention or accident? I mean, if I have C contained in B
   contained in A, then A still provides indirect service to C."

_______________________________________________
Entmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/entmib

---

From: "David T. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:17:49 -0800

HI,

This is a real problem. I suggest that a paragraph be added to the
document that describes "containment hierarchy" (and provides
an example). And then all of the uses in the DESCRIPTION clauses
just say "containment hierarchy" and drop all mention of
object entPhysicalContainedIn." If this approach is not
desired, then use a phrase like "....on entities within its       
containment hierarchy. These are entities that specify this
entity as the value for object entPhysicalContainedIn directly
and indirectly."

>Subject: [psg.com #328] AutoReply: Containment Hierach and
Regards,
/david t. perkins

---

From: "David T. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:17:49 -0800

HI,

Regards,
/david t. perkins