Subject: [Entmib] CONSENSUS CALL: #322 - Textual Convention Names (Prefix)

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 11:20:57 -0400

Based on my reading of the mailing list, it seems like we have very 
rough consensus on two things related to issue #322:

(1) The TCs should be placed in a separate MIB module (within the 
same I-D) to facilitate their re-use in other MIB modules, as 
appropriate.

(2) The TCs are specific-enough to the state of logical and physical 
entities that it would make sense to use "Entity" (or perhaps 
"EntityState") as a prefix for these TCs.

I know that there were some people that didn't agree with one or both 
of these positions, but it seems like most people would be willing to 
accept these two choices.

Does anyone disagree that we seem to have rough consensus on these 
two positions?

Margaret

_______________________________________________
Entmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/entmib

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 11:20:57 -0400

Margaret