Subject: RE: [Entmib] Re: Entity mib support for tcif

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 11:09:45 -0400

Hi Kaj,

I'm sorry that I didn't answer this message sooner.  I was on 
vacation in mid-April, and I'm only catching up now.

3. acceptance as work item
since the original proposal i've seen several supporting comments
but i leave this to the WG chair and AD to gauge

The Entity MIB WG charter does not currently include this work, so we 
could not accept this document as a work item without a charter 
update.

There are at least two concerns about updating the Entity MIB WG 
charter to include this item:

1) The WG has not been timely in completing our current work.

2) I was appointed to the IESG last July, and it is not considered a 
good idea for IESG members to run WGs.  I stayed on as entmib WG 
chair because we were expected to complete our work within a few 
months (not that things have gone exactly as planned...). If the life 
of the WG will be extended by new work items, it will be necessary 
for Bert to identify and appoint a new chair.

So, if you want to pursue this work in the IETF, you should talk to 
Bert Wijnen about the best way to do that.  In the meantime, the only 
chartered work items for the entmib WG are completing the Entity 
State MIB and getting the Entity MIB promoted to Draft Standard.

Margaret

_______________________________________________
Entmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/entmib

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 11:09:45 -0400

Hi Kaj,

Margaret