Subject: [Entmib] Entity Management and Dual IP Stack

From: "Eduardo Cardona" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 08:36:52 -0600

I have a question, 

For an entity with 2+ logical entities (implements entLogicalTable)
How do you define the logical entity if the device has dual stack and is
manageable using both IPs ? 
Shall it defines a duplicate logical entity for the second
entLogicalTAddress? 

I mean, in the interest of reflecting entLogicalTable entries? Or is
left vendor dependent? 

Thanks

Eduardo

_______________________________________________
Entmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/entmib

---

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:26:10 -0400

hi

Are you saying it has two IP addresses, or supports both Ipv4/IPv6 or
that it is two logical devices (virtual router, etc)? In the first two
cases you only have one logical devices from the Entity MIB's
perspective.

Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Eduardo Cardona
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:37 AM
To: Entmib-wg (E-mail)
Subject: [Entmib] Entity Management and Dual IP Stack

I have a question, 

For an entity with 2+ logical entities (implements entLogicalTable) How
do you define the logical entity if the device has dual stack and is
manageable using both IPs ? 
Shall it defines a duplicate logical entity for the second
entLogicalTAddress? 

Thanks

Eduardo