Subject: [ESDS] RE ESDS BOF approved, and comments

From: Gregor Baues <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:26:16 +0100

All,

We definitly support this initative and would like to see this going
forward as I can see a large potential
for future process improvments and related applications to Air France / KLM
but also in general for
the Airline Industry.

Best Regards

Gregor Baues
Chief Architect Application Infrastructure
Air France Information Systems

             Lisa Dusseault                                                
             <lisa@osafoundati                                             
             on.org>                                                     A 
             Envoyé par :              [email-masked]                       
             esds-bounces@ietf                                          cc 
             .org                      Elwyn Davies                        
                                       <[email-masked]>             
                                                                     Objet 
             02/01/2008 02:23          [ESDS] ESDS BOF approved, and       
             AM                        comments                            

                                                                           

The ESDS BOF request was approved by the IESG and IAB today, although the
discussion raised quite a few questions not answered in the overview or
drafts.  I've forwarded one of the comments received (below) and I'm
working with the other commenters on either forwarding their issues or
scheduling a conversation with the draft authors.

FYI, the date of the BOF meeting is not yet known, because the agenda has
not yet been built.  However, the Apps Area people traditionally meet
Monday Morning and discuss various topics of interest.  The Sunday
reception is also a great time to meet people and arrange conversations for
later in the week.

Thanks,
Lisa Dusseault

Begin forwarded message:

      From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
      Date: January 31, 2008 6:06:02 AM PST
      To: IAB <[email-masked]>, "Iesg (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
      Subject: ESDS BOF comments

      ...The proposed charter (
      http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/esds/current/msg00020.html)
      appears enormous (17 work items).

      The charter appears to envisage both the schema and the protocol work
      (indeed at least 3 protocols).

      Given the concerns about reusing/adapting/overloading DNS I don't see
      much work in the charter relating to the distributed storage system
      that probably needs to be addressed before designing both the schema
      and the protocols - or maybe it is subsumed in item 11.. but I would
      have thought that needed to come earlier.

      The charter doesn't offer a timescale:  Further to Dave's concerns
      about the constituency, are there enough people interested in the
      project to carry throigh such a large work program?

      Elwyn

_______________________________________________
ESDS mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/esds
_______________________________________________
ESDS mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/esds