Subject: [ESDS] Minneapolis BOF update and next steps

From: Ali Rezafard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 10:24:58 -0500

Dear ESDS members,

It has been recommended to us not to hold our BOF at the coming   
November 2008 IETF gathering. We need to demonstrate significant  
progress in identifying and addressing challenges in our problem  
domain. The IETF process gives best results when there is a  
constituency of participating members. So we encourage you to comment  
on the posts and share your thoughts, Discovery Service is still  
taking shape and any questions/comments would have an influence on the  
outcome.

Our current next steps for the community are to refine the ESDS  
problem statement with the goal of making it more generically useful  
and applicable to a larger domain of applicability than only the  
supply chain.

The second step would be to write a whitepaper on combining ESDS with  
documents from BRIDGE WP02 (Serial Level Lookup Service) and WP04  
(Security). The whitepaper would outline a DS with integrated access  
control and a robust security model.

Our community is constantly growing, three new members have joined us  
in the last month. We look forward to feedback from the ESDS community  
on the mailing list.

Best Regards,
Ali
_______________________________________________
ESDS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/esds